Post Op Breast Care?

Hello.... I am one week post Surgery breast augmentation. Today I opened the door and slightly hit my right breast/ implant.....it was not a hard hit... just a bump ... I see no bruise or that I feel pain.... Was that bad for my implant? Am I worrying too much.... Scared of implant dislocation... Many Thanks lovestar

Post Op Breast Trauma

+1
Based on what you have described, it is unlikely that any damage was done. If there was no increased bruising or swelling, then it should be fine. See your plastic surgeon soon though if you continue to worry. Best of luck.

Hello

+1

Thank you for your question, from what you are describing it does not sound like you have hurt your implants. It would take a pretty serious hit with a lot of pressure to dislocate your implants. You should check with your PS to assure yourself.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Post augment trauma

+1
Bumping into a door should not dislodge or damage the implant. If you are concerned, you should contact your plastic surgeon for followup. Also, know that every patient goes through this but the anxiety level is highest with implants or rhinoplasty. Best of luck!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Bumping yor breast is not a problem

+1

You will not damage your implant or surgery resutls if you bump your breast on a door a week after surgery. Concerns like these are best answered by your surgeon. Since you are only one week out from surgery, I presume you will be seeing him or her for yoru 1 week followup appointment. Otherwise, you can also call him or her. Your surgeon should welcome any and all questions....this is part of the service that you have paid for.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Breast implants are quite durable

+1

Thank you for your question. Breast implants are a lot more durable than you think and a 'little bump' with a door will not harm them at all. For my son's high school science project, he took breast implants of different sizes, put them on a scale and piled bricks on top of them until they ruptured. These were all saline implants  but they have the same shell and durability as silicone implants. Smaller implants in the 200cc range could handle around 300lbs of bricks before they ruptured; larger implants in the 350cc range could handle almost 200lbs of bricks. That is a tremendous amount of pressure and much more than any woman should ever experience on one breast.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implants are durable

+1

Breast implants are pretty durable.  I doubt a small bump will cause a problem. If concerned, see your doctor.

Concerned about implant malposition

+1

By your description I dont think there is an issue and that things should heal just fine.  Of course only a physical exam can confirm that everything is OK.  Make sure you see your plastic surgeon to confirm everything is OK.

Wesley Wilson, MD

Worried too much about breast implants

+1

Sounds like no bruise, no pain, and no injury to us. Implants are quite resiliant and a bump is very unlikely to cause harm.

Post op breast surgery

+1

By your description, you should not have caused any serious injury to your implant or the pocket...check with your surgeon to be sure.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Minimal Trauma Should Not Disturb Breast Implant

+1

The slight trauma that you sustained (without pain or bruising) should not affect your recent breast implant nor its position.

John Whitt, MD