How Can my Nose Be Made to Look Less Ethnically East Indian? (photo)

I have a few generally unattractive qualities of the aesthetic of my nose, such as wide nostrils and base, as well as slightly too long and out of proportion in relation to the rest of the face. Also my nose shape has been said to have an ethnic Indian shape, also I wonder what this is and how it could be changed.

How Can my Nose Be Made to Look Less Ethnically East Indian?

+1

Dear Arabian,

Thank you for your question and photos.  Certainly your nose can be made narrower, with a defined ridge (dorsum) the tip made smaller and more refined, and slightly more elevated, and having the break before the tip removed.  These techniques will not, however, make your nostrils smaller.  This would take a wedge like excision at the outer base of the nostril, where it attaches to the face. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

Reducing the size of the tip and nostrils and elevating the tip among a few other maneuvers can very much change the appearance of your nose.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Aestheically speaking, the nose is quite wide with a dorsal hump.  Rhinoplasty could be done to thin the nose and reduce the nasal hump.

Ethnic rhinoplasty

+1

Narrowing the nostril base width by alar base resections and correcting the notching of the nostril rims with composite grafts will go along way to achieving the look you want for your nose. Minimizing the amount of work on the bridge will allow you to maintain a masculine nose.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD