Is my Boob Surgery Ok? (photo)

1 Week ago surgery....390 brasilian...above muscle.... before left breast hanging smaller than round right breast... now 7 days after bit asymmetry...will it even out... bandage:wear like that 24-7... What do you think?Fear of capsular contraction... Double Bubble?

One Week After Breast Surgery #breastimplants

+2

From what you describe you were asymmetric to begin with which most women are. I tell my patients they will have sisters not twins. By this I mean almost nobody has exactly the same breasts. Double bubble is not likely because your implants are subglandular. Capsular contracture can happen early but it does not seem to be your problem. You look like you had a normal augmentation but just have different breasts as they sound like they were before. It is way too early for you to be worried. I would not be to crazy about using that strap as tight as you have it. All the pressure in the world will not make them more even. You do not seem to have an issue of implants not dropping the same, more one of subtle asymmetry prior to surgery. Let things settle for 2-3 months and stay in close contact with your augmentation surgeon.

One week after breast augmentation

+1

Each post-op patient can look a bit different.  Give them time to heal before getting too nervous.  If you have concerns then I suggest you follow up with your surgeon.

What should you be like one week post-op augmentation?

+1

You should look just as you do... you should discuss your concerns with your doctor and also realize that any asymmetry you had prior to your augmentation will still persist, but in a bigger, fuller way.  Work on using your strap to settle your implants where you will be happy.  And if you appreciate developing asymmetry, you should notify your surgeon immediately as there are steps that can be taken to help improve asymmetric settling.

Curtis Wong, MD

Is my Boob Surgery Ok?

+1

ONLY one week post operative! WAY too early to be so concerned. The photos demonstrate a very acceptable result. Allow MORE healing time

Questions after breast augmentation

+1

It is too early in your recovery to comment on your result or capsular contracture.  Your breasts/implants look okay thus far.  Given that you had asymmetry prior to surgery, you should expect to have some degree of asymmetry after your surgery as well.  If you have any concern or question, you should follow up with your plastic surgeon so that she/he can allay your concerns.  Best wishes for your speedy recovery.

Sugene Kim, MD

Very early in the recovery period.

+1
Hello, Thank you for the photos. I would not speedy about double bubble since this more often associated with implant under the muscle. Capsule contracture is not seen this early so no need to worry about this either. Stay in close contact with your plastic surgeon and follow his/her instructions. All the best, Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Early post op

+1

There is no sign of any problems...follow your surgeons instructions as the final result will depend on how your body heals...good luck.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Is my Boob Surgery Ok

+1

Everything looks fine in the attached photos. 

If your nipples were not even before surgery and no lift was done, they will still be uneven after surgery. 

The best place to express any concerns is with your surgeons.

Best wishes for an uneventful recovery.