Ear Surgery 13 Days Post? (photo)

13 days after surgery really worrying about that my op hasent gone right the side of my ear you cant see can you help me

Postop otoplasty

+1

1.  It would be good if you requested advice in clear, declarative sentences.

2. Be precise in your question(s).

Your ears do look different at 13 days postop.  Maybe you could submit a request again.  Did you have surgery on one or both ears?  Perhaps include  a pre-surgery picture.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Single side otoplasty: a difficult proposition

+1

It appears that you had a unilateral otoplasty to match the left ear with the right ear. One type of ear pinning technique uses sutures to bend the cartilage of the ear. Final results are not seen for many months, if not at least a year, as there tends to be some degree in which the ear unfurls. Often as surgeons, we have to over compensate at the time of surgery, with the knowledge that there can be up to 30% relaxation at one year. If you had both ears done at the same time, they would "relax" more or less symmetrically. But with a single sided otoplasty, the surgeon has to over tighten to anticipate for the relaxation that might continue to occur. This leads to assymmetry initially when compared to the unoperated ear. Give it some time to let the healing mature.  Waiting can be hard.

Columbia Facial Plastic Surgeon

It's difficult to judge your results 13 days after Otoplasty surgery.

+1

Full face frontal photos would be helpful, along with pre-op photos. I nearly always operate on both ears, but there are cases where unilateral surgery is warranted. Feel free to re ask your question with better photos, and a description of what's bothering you, and we may be able to provide better advice.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/43/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear Pinning Surgery Problems

+1

Let yourself heal first.  I cannot see both ears at the same time from the front, which would help for symmetry purposes.  However, they appear to be symmetric from the posterior view. 

Depending upon how severe the prominent ear deformity was that you had, this may be a very reasonable result.  There is such great variability in ears in people without prominent ear deformity.  There is no normal set of ears. I would say that there are so many techniques to repair prominent ears that it would not be fair to critique the repair at this early stage. 

Ear pinning is one of the most frequently revised procedures, because it is so difficult to satisfy patient expectations.  I perform my otoplasties under local anesthesia and have the patient look in the mirror at the completion to tailor it as they like.   I have found that this helps me.

Otoplasty

+1

It seems that the sutures to make the antihelical fold is too tight. It may soften with time.

However if this is bothwering you I would take the sutures out and wait 6 months to redo the surgery