Double Bubble or Breast Crease Formation? (photo)

I might have asked this question twice... I am 2 months post op, above muscle, 390 weight... I included some photos of my right breast, the side, there is a slight crease, like excess skin from under my armpit to the breast crease. Photos will tell it all...In of them I am picking up the skin with my finger... Could it be early double bubble? Also the shape of my right bottom breast,is it suggesting double bubble forming under the breast? Thanks Ivana

Double Bubble of Loose Skin?

+1

There is not a double bubble deformity present but rather a little extra tissue or skin present at the inframammary fold.

Crease or double bubble?

+1

Thanks for sharing your story and your photos. This does not look like a double bubble, just a normal looking crease in a fuller breasted woman. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

?double bubble

+1

I do not see anything suggestive of a double bubble in the photos you have kindly attached. Without some pre-op photos to review, it is hard to make any useful comments.What you may be feeling and/or seeing in the bottom of the breast implant. 

The best resolution to this is a visit to your surgeon. Thanks and best wishes. 

Post op

+1

i dont see a double bubble here. you seem to have a pretty normal post operative appearance with some skin redundancy 

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Normal healing often involves the scar lifting off the chest a little

+1

You don't have a double bubble based on the pictures.  After a breast augmentation with an incision in the breast fold the incision will often migrate slightly off the chest.  This is normal.  Your scar is in a nice position.  You do not have a double bubble.  You should keep in close contact with your surgeon to make sure you continue to heal appropriately.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Double Bubble Concerns After Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Ivana,

Thank you for sharing your concerns along with your photos.

Although it does not seem that you are expressing/developing the "double bubble" effect after your surgery, it is not possible to provide you with a solid answer without the pre-op photos, the full details of your surgery and a physical examination.

I recommend that you keep communicating with your surgeon and to follow his/her post-op instructions religiously (e.g. Breast implants massage).

Time is the key in your case and at 2 months post-op, you do need a little more patience allowing nature to take its course.

I hope this helps and thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

What is a Double Bubble following Breast Augmentation Surgery

+1

On your first photograph there does appear to be a crescent of skin.  Without seeing your pre-operative photo it is difficult to say what is the exact problems.  A double bubble usually implies that the existing inframammary crease was lower and the old crease is still visible.  It is also possible that you are just feeling or seeing the base of the implant.  In any event give it some some and it should resolve itself since it does not seem to be a major problem.  

Double bubble

+1

I don't think this is a double bubble at this point in time. You are only 2 months postop and still very early in your healing process. Our bodies heal by making "too much" scar after surgery which slowly remodels according your movement. There is a very good chance that, with time, this will resolve spontaneously. I suggest massaging your breasts to do your part in helping the capsules, that form around your implants, to heal loosely. This will result in a softer, more natural feel to your breasts. The final form will slowly evolve over the first 4 to 6 months after surgery. Be patient and good luck!

Ronald G. Zelt, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble

+1

It is hard to tell whether or not you have a double bubble or not without other views. You may just be felling the implant below.

Not double bubble

+1

Double bubble formation is usually seen when the implant is placed below the muscle, not above the muscle.  I think you are simply seeing the margin of the implant beneath your skin.  Not a concern.

Carmen Kavali, MD