Delayed Menstrual Cycle After BA?

Hi ... I am exactly 2 months post op, Breast Augmentation., and I am 33 years old. I had my operation on the 22.09.2012, actually 2 days before my period would start. My period also came on the 24.09.2012 as expected. Next month my period came on the 26.10.2012, 5 days too late. Now is the 26.11.2012 and my period still hasn't come.It's already 5 days late. I never had late periods before.My cycle is always 24-29 days. This is really strange, 2 months in a row. Is this normal due to the surgery?

Delayed Menstrual Cycle after Breast Augmentation

+1

The stress in the perioperative period may be significant enough to produce cycle changes.  As always, seek help from the expert on this, your OB/GYN.

Menstrual cycle and surgery

+1

It is not uncommon for your menstrual cycle to be a bit off after surgery. Give it a few months to re-adjust. If concerned see your OB/GYN.

Menstrual cycle

+1

The correct channel is to see your gynecologist for proper evaluation and treatment. Anxiety and stress can cause cycle irregularities

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Change in Menstrual Cycle and Surgery

+1

Surgical stress can alter the delicate hormonal balance.  This may result in a change in your typical menstrual cycle.  This should be temporary.  If you have further concern consult with your OB-GYN.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Surgery, Stress, and Menstral Cycles.

+1

Surgery is stressful, so is worries about final results, etc.  Stress can alter menstral cycles, and cause further stress.  Best to consult with your OB/Gyn for further reassurances.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Major surgery, like breast augmentation, can throw off menstrual cycle.

+1

It is not uncommon for menstrual periods to be altered after surgery. There are certainly other reasons but my guess is that you will return to your normal cycle soon.

Delayed Menstrual Period After Breast Augmentation?

+1

Although I cannot provide you with specific medical advice, it is not uncommon for patients to experience delays in their menstrual periods after any type of surgical procedure. For real specific advise and/or reassurance best to check in with your OB/GYN.

Irregular after breast surgery.

+1

There's always a possibility that physical and mental stress associated with surgery and anesthesia could affect your menstrual cycle. However, the best physician to deal with this question is your ob/gyn. There are other conditions that could also do this and you should discuss it with the appropriate medical person.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Delayed Menstrual Cycle After BA?

+1

This is not an uncommon occurrence after anesthesia and surgery of any sort. If this persists beyond another month, touch base with your gynecologist.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.