Is It Possible to Correct Nipple Scars Caused by Implants when Replacing Implants? (photo)

I had breast implants in 2009 i went from a 34c to a 34dd . I had 290 implants which my surgon recomended i have through the nipple with a nipple lift . I unfortunatly have PIP impants and have got to have them replaced but ive seen two surgons now an neither are happy to go back through my nipples to replace implants and correct my scars and also try and correct how much my nipples have streched . What are my options here and what is the best thing to do in my case ? Thank you for any advice.

Scar Revision and Breast Implants Replacement

+1

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for sharing your photos. 

Based on your post, an inframammary entry point / incision is most likely the right way to go but without physical consultation it is a little hard to provide you with a definitive advise.

As for your scars, a revision could be made and a circumareolar revision and nipple-repositionning could be performed as well .

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Scar revision possible with implant exchange

+1

PIP silicone implants need to be removed because the silicone gel inside the implants was not medical grade and can lead to infections and severe scarring.  PIP implants were never approved for use in the United States, but used in Europe.  There were manufactured in France and the president of the company has been arrested and is behind bars. You need to have your implants exchanged for new implants. At the time of the implant exchange a scar revision can be performed.

I would recommend a complete circumareolar scar removal with a purse string suture that is permanent in nature.  This suture will reduce the size of your areola and help to prevent scar spreading in the future.  This is a fairly routine procedure, look for a board certified plastic surgeon whom specializes in breast surgery.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Periareolar scar revision with implant replacement

+1

The short answer to your question is "yes."  The devil is in the details.  It is probably best to approach the removal and replacement of the implants through an incision in the fold under your breast. If you are willing  to do a modest downsizing of the implants, the periareolar scars will be under less tension and revisional surgery is more likely to work well.  It would also be useful for your surgeon to place a purse string  aka blocking  aka Benelli suture to reduce the likelihood of a spread scar.

John Q. Cook, MD