Uneven Nostrils 3 Months After Open Rhinoseptoplasty, Will There Be Further Change?

Hello , I've had Rhinoseptoplasty performed just about 3 months ago to fix my frequent nosebleeds, poor breathing and to reduce the size of my dorsal hump and tip. Now that my tip is slightly lifted my nostrils are fairly visible and you can clearly see the left side of my nose is more stretched and a bit longer than my right nostril. Will there be further change in my nostril shape? and will the tip of my nose drop any further to make them less visible? Thank you :):)

Uneven nostrils 3 months after rhinoplasty, will there be further change?

+2

You will still be experiencing swelling after 3 months that can affect the appearance of the nose. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery, and the nose will continue to change as you heal. The degree of change depends on your individual circumstances and what was performed during your surgery. I would recommend following up with your surgeon regarding any concerns, as he/she knows the details of your procedure and will be able to advise you. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

+2

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more, and the tip can drop as well depending upon what was done and the healing process. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.