Upper Blepharoplasty: Lump at Incision? (photo)

I had upper blephroplasty eight days ago and am happy with the results so far (with full awareness that it is early days); however in the last couple of days I have noticed a red lump at the point of incision on my right eye. I have a follow up with my Dr in a month but I would be appreciative for an opinion in the mean time. Thank you

A bump on the eyelid after surgery could be one of several things..

+1
Swelling, lumps and bumps are often seen after blepharoplasty surgery. It could be just normal swelling which will improve on its own. It could be a reaction to an absorbable suture-which should also improve on its own. It might be a small cyst or abscess in which case you should talk to your surgeon.

Hope this helps.

Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Incision after blepharoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon for the end of the incision closure to be witha  small bump 8 days  out. This often just settles on its own. If it is red and painful, it may represent an infection and should be seen by your surgeon.

Upper Blepharoplasty: Lump at Incision?

+1

Photo demonstrates suture abscess. Seek immediate medical drainage from your chosen surgeon. Very easy to treat NOW! 

Lump at incision after upper blepharoplasty

+1

At eight days after an upper blepharoplasty, it would not be unusual to have a small lump at the end of the incision.  Normally, with time, this should go away completely.  If for some reason, you feel it is getting worse instead of better, I would contact your surgeon.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon