Tape becoming loose after just 4 days post tip rhinoplasty? Is this a problem?

I had a revision on my tip 4 days days ago using a closed method. No cast/splint was put on as no bones were broken but I have noticed due to me having extremely oily skin the tape is beginning to peel off and still have another 3 days before I see the nurse. Will it ruin the new structure if it does come off? I can't contact my surgeon as he is away but this tape is really sticky, making my nose tingle and has gone dirty. It needs to come off but don't want my tip to collapse. Thanks

Need to talk to your surgeon when having problems

+1
It's very important that you contact your surgeon or his office. Someone should be able to assist you or be covering for him in his absence to provide you with input. Postoperative taping is important for rhinoplasty. Good luck

Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

Tape on nose

+1
Tape on nose is usually placed for support. It is best to call your surgeon's office to find out whether it needs to be reinforced or for you to be seen sooner.

+1
I recommend calling your doctor's office and talk to his staff. You need to have this checked out. He will have a colleague covering for him while away . You may only need to change the tape, which can be done by the nurse in his office as long as a physician is consulted.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS