Can I reshape and make my nose longer by moving my nostril sides down? (photos)

1st pic depicts the real me & what I'd like to achieve, is this possible? I just photoshopped in a nose I found on the internet, what would i need to have done to achieve a nose like this? I understand that i can't just go and 'choose a nose'. I kept the nostril dividing middle bit in the same place (sorry for lack of terminology knowledge) Main changes are to the tip shape/structure, bridge straightening/narrowing, less bridge projection, nostril side height lowered, maybe make nostrils smaller

You have great potential

+3
The concerns for your nose seem mostly to be due to the shape of the tip.  If you were to narrow the tip, you would want to narrow the bridge as well to maintain the balance of the nose and face.  At the same time you could have your nostril size adjusted if needed.  You will need a formal consultation with a rhinoplasty surgeon to come up with a plan that suits your individual concerns.

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Realistic Nose changes.

+2
While you are in the right direction and your goals are realistic, I think that both the tip and the nostrils could be slightly narrower. You could choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who could morph your pictures and share the intended changes with you to make sure that you are on the same page.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Is My Rhinoplasty Goals Possible?

+2
While the exact changes you have depicted can probably not be precisely achieved, most of them are fairly close. The skin over the nasal tip is always a limiting factor in how much tip refinement and change can be achieved. But generally you are not showing unrealistic rhinoplasty improvements

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

rhinoplasty candidate to narrow the bulbous nasal tip

+2
 There are many changes that can be accomplished with the rhinoplasty procedure, and it is always best to do that with an  in person consultation and examination with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Computer imaging in the rhinoplasty surgeon's office would also be of significant benefit for you as well. To narrow the nasal tip, a tip rhinoplasty is performed which involves suture techniques applied to the lower lateral cartilages and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal. De-projection of the overall nose can be accomplished by shaving down the dorsal septum as well as and a hump removal. Columellar show can be reduced if needed. For many examples, please see the  link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery

Possible changes with rhinoplasty

+2
I think you could probably achieve better tip definition with rhinoplasty.  Skin thickness would be a potential limitation, however, when considering the photoshop image.  The orientation of your nostrils probably cannot be changed to what you have depicted.  However, I think you would be a good candidate overall.  Good luck!

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I reshape and make my nose longer by moving my nostril sides down?

+2
  I think that the tip, bridge, and alar base can be refined to improve the appearance of the nose.