What would you recommend for neck & jowls? What can I expect as a result? I'm 51, don't smoke. (photo)

Recommendation for Treating Neck and Jowls

+1
The answer to your question is that you have more than one option to treat sagging skin and excess fat in the neck and lower face.  A full surgical face lift would nicely address these concerns.  However, some individuals are looking for less invasive, less expensive, and less down time alternatives.  In my opinion, the most effective of these options is the Precision TX neck lift.
Precision TX is an office procedure done under local anesthesia by a qualified surgeon. It utilizes Nd:YAG laser energy delivered under the skin surface through three tiny, inconspicuous incisions to treat the entire neck and also jawline.  It is effective because the laser energy is delivered directly to the underside of the dermis, rather than having to penetrate from the outside (as with traditional laser resurfacing, radiofrequency, and Ultherapy).  In addition, the laser fiber is directed to the deeper layers to dissolve fat, which can then be more easily removed with liposuction at the same setting.
The results with precision TX are significant, although not as dramatic as with a full facelift.  The cost is about one third of a facelift, and the downtime is only a few days.
My patients have been pleased with the results and are happy to have this alternative available.  

Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face and neck lift

+1
It is important to consult with a surgeon that can show you results of his/her work. A detailed history and examination will determine what you are suitable for and whether your expectations are achievable. Presuming that you are fit and well and there is no contraindication for a face lift I believe you could achieve a good result.
Although there are many non surgical and minimally invasive means marketed for facelifting you would benefit from a classic face and neck lift. Repositioning of the internal layer (SMAS) vertically will improve your jowl and at the same time tightening of your platysma through a lateral platysmaplasty will help your profile. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Lowever facelift v full facelfit

+1
You are a great candidate for a facelift.  The term lower facelift is not a uniform one (an artificial construct for marketing etc.), so it is hard to know for sure what you are looking for.  If I were to treat you I would do a face/neck lift.  I think you can expect significant improvements in your cheek position, jowls, jaw line, and neck.   

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Recommendations for jowl and neck.

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

Based on the photo you have provided it does appear you would benefit nicely from a face and neck lift. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

David Cangello, MD

What would you recommend for neck & jowls? What can I expect as a result? I'm 51, don't smoke.

+1

A lower face and neck lift improves the neck and jowls.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of necklifts, facelifts and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. 

Lower face and neck lift maybe/

+1

You might be a candidate for a lower face and neck lift, but without an exam in person it is very difficult to say for sure.

Ulthera and neck lifting in Los Angeles

+1

Ultherapy is ideal as a non surgical necklift and facelift for those who do not want to undergo surgery for facial rejuvenation.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Treatment for jowls

+1

Your photos suggests that you are a good candidate for a lower face and neck lift.

• it will reduce and tighten the neck,
  • smooth the jowls,
  • lift drooping facial tissues back towards the cheek bone.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Treatment for neck and jowls

+1

Treatment for excess skin in the neck, jowls and fatty deposits in the neck is a lower face neck lift. The procedure involves tightening facial and neck muscles, liposuction the neck, and tightening excess facial and neck skin. For many examples, please see our facelift photo gallery link below

You have several options depending on the type of improvement you are seeking

+1

You have several options depending on the type of improvement you are seeking. A facelift is the most reliable approach for achieving an optimal neckline.When looking to bring balance to your face, you may want to consider a chin implant. When combining both of these procedures together you will have the best chance to achieve a natural, refreshed look. I would recommend seeing your local board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon to customize an individual treatment plan for you.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon