2 weeks post op Restylane. Yesterday a slightly painful red rush appeared above the site of injection. Is this normal? (photo)

I had Restylane in my NL folds 2 weeks ago and yesterday a slightly painful red rush appeared above the site of injection. The filler was injected in US and now I am in London so I cannot go back to the same doctor. Pls have a look at the picture, even if the red colour is not well visible, what could it be? Thanks

Swelling and bruising is a common side effect of injections.

+1
Swelling and bruising is a common side effect of injections. Swelling usually lasts approx. 2 weeks. Seek out an expert injector if these symptoms do not subside or get worse for an in person assessment.

All the Best.  

Redness in Area of Filler Injection

+1
I suggest warm compresses and an antiinflammatory such as ibuprofen.  I would see a doctor pretty soon if the area gets larger or painful. You want to confirm there is no infection or inflammatory reaction from the filler placement.  Although, this could just be a simple acne cyst developing. Best, Dr. Emer.