Will plastic surgery work to build up the large dent in my lower leg where I had a melanoma removed? (Photo)

I had a melanoma removed on my right calf over a year ago and the resulting dent in my leg as a result of the tissue that they removed around the melanoma is quite large. Is it possible to have plastic surgery to build up the missing tissue on my leg?

Scar revision after melanoma surgery

+1
Post melanoma scar treatment can be performed by our office using a combination of scar excision, pulsed dye laser, and laser skin resurfacing. Our office specializes in scar revision and we work closely with melanoma specialists to ensure safety. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Scar in the leg

+1
Your scar seems to be a new one and it will improve with time. However if you want to improve it faster consult your board certified dermatologist for Laser Genesis treatments that will induced new collagen formation in the papillary dermis and will improve the texture and pliability of the scar. 

Maritza Perez, MD
New Canaan Dermatologic Surgeon