Labiaplasty 5 Months Ago - Still Swollen Clitoris? (photos)

I'm unsure if my clitoris is still swollen from my operation or if it has fully healed but is protruding. I would really appreciate a professional opinion. Thanks.

Is clitoris still swollen after labiaplasty?

+1
I reviewed your photos. You had a trimming labiaplasty. When the labia are trimmed at the lower clitoral hood, then the clitoral hood retracts up and protrudes more.  You need a revision to suture your clitoral hood down to a normal location.  The reconstruction is more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about two years ago.  You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions.

Protruding clitoral hood/clitoris after previous labiaplasty

+1
Hello!

I have looked at your photos carefully.  I am a cosmetic Gynecologist with > 500 labiaplasties/clitoral hood surgeries, and am experienced helping women with revisions of previously poorly or incompletely done work.

Here is what is going on in your situation: Although it appears that your labiaplasty was very well-performed, your surgeon was not trained or not comfortable with properly working on the "excess skin" that made up your clitoral "hood".  Very frequently, women who have "robust" labia have robust sized hoods as well, and inexperienced gynecologists (not cosmetic gynecologists) or plastic surgeons just work on the labia proper, ignoring the hood because they're not sure how to handle it...

But. DO NOT DESPAIR!  A well-experirnced cosmetic Gynecologist or Plastic Surgeon who has revision experience car work with you to countour the labia in a very safe manner to resolve the situaton and produce aesthetically pleasing results.  You may have to travel a bit to find the right person (> half of my patients are not from my geographic proximity), but it is worth it!

Very best wishes for your success! 

Michael P. Goodman, MD, FACOG
Davis Cosmetic Gynecologist