Is it possible to inject juvederm volume if I have permalip implants?

Hello I have been having permalip implants for 7 years and I'm thinking to add some juvedem volume filler. Could you tell me please is it safe to do it? What kind of antibiotics shall I take to prevent the infection is co-amoxiclav ok? Thank you

Fillers with permanent lip implants already there

+2
Fillers can be used with permalip implants. I would suggest either Juvederm or Restylane. You may be able to get away with a smaller size syringe if you only need a bit of volume - no photo is attached so I'm just throwing this out as a possibility. Consult with a board-certified injector in your area.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Juvederm Filler and PermaLip Implants

+1

Yes, injecting filler with Permalips is possible but can be riskier.  You could be at higher risk of infection and also having the implant cut or damaged by the injection needle.  I would suggest a blunt-tipped cannula.  Make sure that you go to a highly skilled injector.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have these treatments.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Juvederm and Permalip

+1
It is possible to inject Juvederm to your lips with your implant. However, you may be at a higher risk of infection since the implant is present.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon