Am I healing normally? Can I do anything to stop the swelling? (Photo)

Blepharoplasty. Is this ok?

Fairly normal healing after upper and lower lid blepharoplasty.

+1
From the photograph I don't see anything in particular to worry about. You should have free access to your surgeon for questions about swelling and convalescence in general.

Normal swelling after a blepharoplasty

+1
Thanks for your photos and question.  Your degree of swelling following your four lid blepharoplasty does not seem to be out of the normal.  Continue to follow the recommendations of your plastic surgeon. 

Post Bleph Swelling

+1
Thank you for your question and photos. It appears that your swelling is normal for one week postoperatively.  Head elevation during sleep may help. Best wishes on your recovery.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Post-op blepharoplasty swelling

+1
For day 8 after a 4 lid bleph, you are doing well.  You have minimal to no bruising, just some swelling so that puts you ahead of most people.  You had very heavy edematous lower eyelids before the surgery, and this type of lid usually swells more than normal.  It will take several weeks to resolve completely.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling is normal.

+1
Patients are often mislead by internet information on how long it takes to heal from eyelid surgery.  Eyelid surgery takes much more than 2 weeks to heal.  The two week figure is used for practical reasons.  This is a time frame where most people return to work.  It is the time frame where generally bruising has cleared.  However, swelling persists.  Generally it takes a full measure of 2 to 4 months before you will be aware that the swelling as past.

Swelling after eyelid surgery at 8 days

+1
You appear to be healing normally.  It is very common to have this amount of swelling after eyelid surgery.  Please watch your salt intake as salt on foods can make you hold fluid.  In addition keeping your head elevated above your heart at all times even when sleeping will also help.  However expect the swelling to last at least 2 weeks.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Normal Post OP

+1
Everything looks normal, some patients have more swelling than others and some techniques too, unfortunately your case is one of the cases that swelling remains for a long time, but there is nothing to worry, i had patients who spend a complete month with the lower eyelid edema after a muscular flap Blepharoplasty, follow Your Surgeons Instructions and don't worry, you will be fine. 

Luis Redondo, MD

Healing appears to be progressing well.

+1
There is always some swelling after a surgery and yours doesn't appear to be out of the ordinary.  Your incisions look like they are healing well and I see no evidence of an infection.  Conservative measures, such as cool compresses, avoiding salt in your diet, trying to sleep with your head elevated should help.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon so your progress can be monitored.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

+1
Yes after reviewing all the series of posted photos do you not see the 50% improvement that has occurred???