7 months post-op. I want my nose lengthened and the distance between my nose and lip reduced. Can this be done? (Photo)

I am 7 months post op, My nose has become unturned & the tip no longer refined.i spoke w/ my surgeon & said he will place a cartilage graft to lengthen my nose & add 1mm but i feel that 1mm is not enough to lengthen & reduce the distance between my nose & lip.I also want a line that goes across the tip of my nose to make it more refined. Considering the thickness of my skin is intermediate & that I have a build up of scar tissue on the bridge of my nose, do you think it's still possible?

Lip lift

+1
The distance between your nose and lip can be reduced with a lip lift.This procedure does 3 things: it shortens the distance between your nose and upper lip, rolls out the mucosa and increases incisor show.This can be done at any time, however, since you are 7 months post rhinoplasty, I would wait at least a year before considering doing any revision of your nose to refine the tip and change your angle.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty to lengthen and refine nose

+1
Dear Chic1995,

• With the way the nose looks, you can get it more refined, and to get it like your morph, it would likely take at least 12-18 months for most of the swelling to resolve
  • It would also take regular post-op visits and likely steroid injections to prevent excessive scar tissue build up
  • I think it would be a good time to visit a few revision rhinoplasty experts to address your concerns, and see why your nose ended up the way it did

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
You will need to wait a full year for all the swelling to subside before consideringa  revision rhinoplasty. Best of luck.

Revision rhinoplasty candidate for bulbous tip repair

+1
 Revision rhinoplasty is very complicated and is one of the most complicated procedures in  the entire field of cosmetic surgery. It is impossible to make any determination with only one or 2 photographs on your current nose. Best to wait at least one year, seek out 3 individual rhinoplasty surgeons for an  in person consultation to determine what can and cannot be accomplished. With thick skin on the tip of your nose, you will also require cortisone shots in the immediate postoperative period and close follow up with your surgeon.