Straight Nose Profile Now Has Bump After Bilateral Osteotomy? (photo)

I had open septorhino 34 days ago for a deviated septum, wide nostrils, bulbousness and a droopy tip.I had a straight profile before.On cast off,felt a bump at the top on the bridge and a dip in the middle, Im scared I've now got a saddle nose with a bumpy profile! It looks bigger, more bulbous and extremely short with nostrils that show.Report said: Caudal end supported with left spreader graft to fill deficiency on left middle vault. bilateral alar low to high osteotomy internally.

Post rhinoplasty with bump and irregularity.

+2

Post rhinoplasty with bump and irregularity at 1 month may be swelling but your concerns are well founded. Ask your surgeon why you have this and if you are uncomfortable with the answer seek a second opinion from a revision rhinoplasty specialist. Just because someone does a good nose on the computer means nothing! It sis the long term results the surgeon has that is important.

Swelling versus cartilage as source of bump

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  The bump may be a relative depression of the nose bridge below the bump or it can be an actual bump which may be caused by swelling or excess cartilage.  If it is excess cartilage it can be the result of the spreader graft being placed too high.  At one month following surgery I would definitely wait longer to make sure swelling is not a big part of the problem.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

If all else heals well, your nasal bridge may be improved without further surgery.

+1

1 month post-op is too soon to judge your final result. Swelling above your tip may improve over the next few months. If your nasal profile does not improve over time, you may wish to be evaluated for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty to add volume to any indented areas of your bridge. My expertise and preference is with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Keep us posted, and all the best to you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-op rhino issues

+1

A bump at one month out may not improve and may get worse.  If it is from swelling it willmost likey get better. Follow with your surgeon.

Straight Nose Profile Now Has Bump After Bilateral Osteotomy?

+1

ONLY 1 month post operative! You must be more patient to allow swelling and dealing to occur. Allow at least 4 months than if you are still concerned see the surgeon to discuss. 

Septorhinoplasty

+1

Dear WN:

You are still quite early in the recovery process.  It will take at least 6 months to get a real sense of what your nose will look like.  Patience is your best bet for the moment.

More importantly, you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  It is difficult to comment on your current situation without examining you in person. If you don't like what your surgeon tells you, then get a second opinion from a local experienced plastic surgeon that is board certified.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Post Rhinoplasty recovery

+1

Dear Wonkynose, Yes you are correct it appears you currently have a slight . saddle deformity and your nose appears overly shortened. With this said please keep in mind that things change during this recovery phase and you are only 34 days post surgery. Your original pre-operative profile photograph shows a nice nose however I do not have any front photographs to view to see what your requested changes were? I would speak with your surgeon regarding your concerns as he/she knows best what was done during your procedure and where you are in the recovery phase. If you need revision surgery please wait a full year before doing so. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD