Will placing spreadder grafts in Revision Rhinoplasty change the profile of the nose?

My nose is very narrow due to original surgery I want to have it wider im guessing spreadder grafts may need to be used.i kike the profile if my nose.will the use of spreadder grafts make any changes to the profile?or any other changes appart from widening the nose? Thank.you

+1
Properly placed and secured spreader grafts will widen the cartilaginous portion of the nose yet should have no impact on the profile.   

If profile augmentation is desired however, a single wider graft can be placed from upper lateral cartilage on one side to the other thus lying on top of septum.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Spreader grafts for widening a narrow nose

+1
 Spreader grafts are placed underneath a pinched/ concave upper lateral cartilage on either one or both sides of the nose. They are used to  improve breathing through the nose and widen the those from the frontal view. The properly placed spreader graft will have no effect on the profile view of the nose. For many examples, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty  photo  Gallery

Spreader grafts stabilize the middle third of the nose

+1
Hello UK123. In short, spreader grafts are placed to straighten the middle third of the nose and stabilize this area so as to prevent visible and functional problems in the future. They can widen the frontal view if they are made thick enough. In general they do not alter the profile view if placed in their appropriate position. Hope this helps!

Giancarlo Zuliani, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Spreader grafts and profile view

+1
Dear UK123,
  • Placing spreader grafts will only widen the frontal view
  • It should not change the profile (again, if done correctly)

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1
Spreader grafts , if used appropriately will not change profile of the nose. Will change the frontal view some.