Nasal Valve Collapse in 17 Year Old? (photo)

My nose is crooked and its hard to explain,but the bone on my right seems to be fine,but it's the bone on my left which goes inwards. This is causing really bad crookedness and a little loss of smell in my left nostril I think. There's also a big hump when Im being viewed from my right and when being viewed from the left my bone visibly goes inwards. I think this is nasal valve collapse but I'm not sure. My nasal tip on the left also seems to be droopy. It is causing severe self consciousness.

Nasal Valve Collapse in 17 Year Old?

+2

The bony pyramid is deviated to one side as well as the cartilaginous septum.  This can be corrected with rhinoplasty.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose

+1

Valve collapse occurs in the lower portion of the nose over the upper lateral cartilage area which is not the case here. Internal nasal valve collapse occurs when the upper lateral cartilage is herniated downward and inward into the airway creating nasal obstruction.  The only way to make this diagnosis  is  to examine the internal portion of the nose. The photographs show  what appears to be a nasal fracture which can be straightened out with  medial and lateral osteotomies. please see the link below for examples of  fractured noses we have repaired in our practice