Was my Tummy Tuck Done Wrong? (photo)

Am 8 weeke post opp and am not happy with my tummy tuck and muscle repair, also had lipo of the flanks. Apart from the lose skin gone rest looks the same. Plz give me some advice on wat to do

Was my Tummy Tuck Done Wrong?

+2

Thank you for your question. It is hard to comment too much based on these photos. Preop photos would be helpful. 

It looks like there is no incision around the navel, and if correct, I would suspect that you have not had a full tummy tuck, and that may very well explain the problem with the outcome. It may be that just overhanging skin was removed. 

if you look to the right of your screen you will probably seen an array of proper before and after photos, which show the entire abdomen. It would be more useful to us in making suggestions if you would consider posting photos like those.

All the best. 

Tummy Tuck Results

+2

Based on the photos you posted, I am not sure that you had a full tummy tuck and liposuction.  You may want to consider discussing your procedure with your Plastic Surgeon, as well as another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a second opinion.  If you seek a second opinion, take a copy of your operative report with you.  This can be obtained from the surgeon that operated on you.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Improving tummy tuck results

+2

Thank you for the question and the photos.  If you would like to improve your tummy tuck result several options may be available to you.  At 8 weeks there is likely still some swelling so further healing is needed before swelling can be ruled out.  Additional removal of skin can be performed with or without additional liposuction to improve the contour of your abdomen near your incision.  A full tummy tuck revision, re-doing the tummy tuck, can also be performed.  I would wait until additional healing has occurred and then evaluate what revision procedures are needed.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tummy Tuck Postoperative Concerns

+1

Most postoperative swelling is resolved by 3 months but it may take 6-12 months to see the final results.  Many people will have some swelling just above the tummy tuck scar that takes many months to resolve as new fluid drainage channels form through the scar.  You still have a significant amount of subcutaneous fat.  Possibly your surgeon had to limit the extent of liposuction to avoid wound healing problems.  I would encourage you to discuss your concerns openly with your surgeon.  If you still have concerns, obtain a second opinion from a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery to acquire the detailed information that you need to make an informed decision.  Bring your operative records with you to that consultation.  In order to recommend ways to improve your results, the consulting surgeon will be helped by knowledge of how the initial procedure was performed.

Philip E. Fleming, MD