Does my Nose Look Normal? 1.5 Years After 2nd Rhinoplasty? the 2nd One Was a Minor Retouch.

I have had 2 rhinoplasties. Initail surgery to shave a small bump. 2nd surgery to shave a little bump of cartilage that was left on the lower part of the nose. It has now been 1/2 year since the 2nd op and I feel as if the right nostril seems to be sinking in. I really hope I am only enumerating and that my nose is okay. Will it keep changing from this stage on? I am really worried and I do not want to go through with this again.Does profile seem normal? Am worried of my nose collapsing

Healing from revision rhinoplasty

+1

The final result of a rhinoplasty is not evident for 18-24 months following surgery, and you will be closer to the two-year mark if it is a revision. At 6 months post-op, you still have some healing to do. In general, it is important to be patient during the healing process. In the meantime, I would recommend communicating any concerns with your surgeon, as he/she knows the extent of your initial procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps. and I wish you the best of luck! 

Watchful waiting for Revision results

+1

After any rhinoplasty procedure the fine details take a long time to appear. It takes many months for the soft tissue (skin and subcutaneous parts) to shrink around the cartilage skeleton. In primary cases this takes at least a year, and in revisions probably 2 years. You must be patient and consult with your surgeon from time to time to make sure it is progressing as expected.

Ira D. Papel, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

It looks like you have great results from your surgeries. If you are so concerned you need to talk to your PS and review all your concerns.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to determine your situation based on the photographs you have provided.The nose continues to change for an extended period of time after a rhinoplasty.The changes are even slower is a secondary rhinoplasty.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Nose changing 6 months after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose will continue to change after rhinoplasty for probably 8-14 months as the scars inside mature and the final bit of swelling disappears.  In your pictures things look pretty normal, but is is hard to say without better and more complete photos what might be out of balance.  A series of photos over time would also help determine how things are evolving.  See you surgeon again and ask to see a portfolio of your pre- and post-op pictures, and see if you can get a series taken at different time points to see if things are stable or still evolving.  By two years out you should be at your plateau and can then evaluate anything you might want to adjust.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Does my Nose Look Normal? 1.5 Years After 2nd Rhinoplasty? the 2nd One Was a Minor Retouch

+1

When the patient has the second operations, it is necessary to wait more time because you have swelling longer. 

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Changes after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

After any rhinoplasty procedure, there is low grade swelling of the soft tissues for about 12 months.  This typical swelling and wound contraction can be prolonged even longer than 12 months after a revision rhinoplasty procedure.  Subtle changes in both appearance and function can occur for a few years after the procedure. It is difficult to comment on the photographs you have provided, but it does not appear that your nose is collapsing from the shown pictures.  Your profile appears straight.

Jonathan Sykes, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

It's difficult to evaluate your Revision Rhinoplasty results with the photos you posted.

+1

On front view, I cannot appreciate the "sinking in" of your right nostril. Your profile appears straight.

Feel free to re ask your question with full-face photos and a clear description of your concerns.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good Result

+1

Everything looks pretty good from the photographs you have posted. Please remember that our facial apperance can change a bit as we age. The nose will often elongate and begin to drop in males and this can be normal with age. Your nasal appearance is very good. Your nostril does not appear to be collapsing in the static view. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon