Macs facelift after 2 weeks worried? (photo)

I had a macs facelift 2 weeks ago and am very concerned about my results so far I have a line above the jaw along one of my cheeks, below the line it is very tight and flat, above it is fleshy and what I thought was swollen but I think the suture is pushing up my existing flesh, if I put my head down slightly or smile it is really prominent . The other side looks like it has been lifted completely different.ease let me know wether this would improve or return to my surgeon.

MACS Facelift Results

+1

A patient is taking their chance with any facelift technique touting minimal incisions and magic sutures (usually one or two per side). Time-tested techniques of wide undermining of skin and deeper structures with lots of work done both in front and behind the ear, in both deeper layers as well as this skin, are the only techniques that, in my opinion, can be trusted to produce consistently excellent and natural, long-lasting results. Surgeons trying to take shortcuts and advertising "quick" facelifts with "short incisions" using one or two magic sutures are either inexperienced surgeons who are uncomfortable with doing all the surgery required for a complete facelift or are hoping to cash in on marketing gimmicks that patients fall for.

In your case, 2 weeks is a little early to be too concerned. Chances are that the puckering and irregularities noted (often caused by uneven tension created by the sutures) will soften and hopefully disappear for the most part over the next couple of months.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I see the issue well in your posted photos. Cause is the type of face lifting used. Sometimes a "short cut" techniques gives short cut results with issues. Sorry but appears as you had a poor choice in face lift technique. Only revision will correct.

​MACS Facelift

+1

MACS facelift can achieve the desired result in a certain subset of patients. When this approach is used in someone that needs a different approach it is possible to see some distortion. In your particular case, the line most likely will soften in a few months, but you might need some deep tissue redrawing if it does not. In my practice each patient is carefully assessed for the best approach to achieve a dramatic and yet natural result. Seek out an expert facelift surgeon. Ask to see the before and after photos of patients with similar anatomy as yours. In this fashion you you can assure that you will get the desired result.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fullness in the cheek area two weeks after a MACs lift

+1

I don't perform MACS lift, but your presentation appears typical of the healing from this specific technique. Discuss with your concerns with your surgeon but you are still early in your healing process and things will settle down over the next couple of weeks.

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS