I Am Getting Rhinoplasty Tomorrow, I Think I Am Getting a Cold Sore in my Nose. Will They Still Do the Surgery?

Cold sore and rhinoplasty

+1

If you have an active cold sore, the surgeon will most likely prefer to postpone the surgery.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Avoiding infection with rhinoplasty surgery

+1

If you are developing a cold sore in your nose you will need to be evaluated by your plastic surgeon prior to surgery.  If this appears to be an infection then it may be best to delay your surgery until it is healed.  

Cold sore and rhinoplasty

+1

I think it is best to be evaluated by your surgeon to make sure you are OK to undergo the procedure.

Cold Sore in Nose Before Surgery

+1

Your plastic surgeon will examine you to determine if there is indication of infection.  Just make your surgeon aware of your concerns.  You can always have your operation on another day, although inconvenient.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty with possible cold sore

+1

The decision whether or not to proceed with surgery will depend on your surgeon and their assessment of you clinically.  Generally, I feel it is safest to wait until there are no signs of active infection, whether it is a cold sore or blemish, before the patient has surgery.  Surgery is a stress on your system and can make an active cold sore or infection worse.

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon