12 Months Post Surgery, Do I Still Have Healing to Do? (photo)

I had a wide round nose now its almost 12 months later, have i still got healing to do? Will it get more defined? i havent been back for a check up yet but i will do, i like the results though im hoping it gets a bit more defined though as the mid section is slightly chubby still and i know its already a bit wonky my surgeon already told me, i didnt want to have different surgery for it to be broke and reset. Thanks

Healing 12 Months after Rhinoplasty

+2

Thank you for submitting the pictures; frequently we get these without seeing the result. As you've been told, at 12 months most of the swelling has resolved in a nose like yours. I feel you have a good result and would recommend waiting another 6 months before considering any revision.

12 Months Post Surgery, Do I Still Have Healing to Do?

+2

You seem, from the photos posted, to have a nice result.  There might be blunting, of the nasal tip shape, from post Rhinoplasty scar tissue.  At 1 year post-op this is most likely the final result.  Within the first 6-9 months, daily manual lymphatic drainage of the supra-tip as well as periodic kenalog 10 injections can limit this scar formation however, at 12 months most patients have healed beyond the point that these can play a significant factor (except in Revision Rhinoplasty).

Rhinoplasty Results Continue to Morph Over Time

+2

Hi Angel,

The great majority of healing from rhinoplasty is done at 12 months after surgery, but your nose will continue to get more refined and defined as time goes on.  I recently saw a patient whom I operated on when she was a teen (she brought her teenage daughter to the office for rhinoplasty).  It was amazing to see the amount of improved definition that occurred over the 20 years since I had last seen the mom.  Enjoy your new nose, it looks great and will continue to look better and better as time goes by.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. Persky

Michael A. Persky, MD

Healing after 12 months?

+2

After 12 months, most of the healing is done. However, I have seen noses continue to improve after 12 months. This is usually when the nasal skin is very thick. I recommend you return to your surgeon for a check up.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon