Grafts and the Area Between the Eyes? (photo)

The area between my eyes is uneven causing my eyes to appear of different sizes on photos.The bridge of my nose however is much thinner and then the nose spreads again on the tip.My surgeon suggested grafts in the middle to compensate but I don't think it will help with the eye problem and I'm wary of making my nose wider rather than thinner.Is it a good idea to even out and slim down the top area instead or is there a danger of the nose looking too thin and/or ending up with too little support?

Placing grafts in the area between the eyes

+1

Cartilage grafting between the eyes can be done and will have no bearing upon the asymmetry of the eyelids.  The outcome is that the nose itself is very symmetrical once the surgery has been performed.

Grafts for area between eyes

+1

Your photo makes it difficult to see, and thus,  comment on, the area between your eyes. However, it seems the asymmetry may be more related to eyebrow placement discrepancy. Again, without more visuals and angles, it's difficult to say.

As for the nose I agree, grafts would probably make the nose appear wider and dysmorphic. A rhinoplasty with a little tip modification will improve the contours.

Good luck!

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty?

+1

Thanks for the photos. In order to properly assess your concerns a full exam is required. Your photo only shows one view and other views would be helpful. Your upper nasal region between your eyes looks ok from this view.

Rhinoplasty for area between the eyes .

+1

Rhinoplasty for area between the eyes is not needed for your nose. It is thin enough. The mid nose could use small speeder grafts along with conservative tip narrowing. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for this!