I have seen a few doctors say you cannot sit or lay on your butt for a few weeks, so how would I be able to fly home after?

Sitting on your thighs with the help of a supportive pillow can take pressure off of that area.

Flying home after buttock implants

Ideally a patient does not have to worry about transporting themselves through an airport and onto a long plane ride within 2 - 3 weeks of surgery.  However, because very few surgeons specialize in this procedure, patients frequently have to fly to have surgery.  Although every surgeon has slightly different post-operative care recommendations, I require my patients to stay at least 5 days after surgery before flying back home.  Special instructions are given on how to avoid excess pressure on the healing tissues during the flight back (as well as for the ensuing next 2 - 3 weeks). Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Fly home after butt implants.

Dear newme,
   There is a wide spread misconception on the way we sit. Try to sit in a neutral position or leaning forward and you will realize that you do not sit on your butts but rather on your posterior thighs and the ischial bones. That is exactly the sitting position I instruct my many out of town patients who either fly or drive long distance. The reason for that recommendation is that you will not exert excessive tension on the wound between the cheeks. I recommend to my patients to sit that way as wel as avoid laying on their back for one month. As long as they follow my instruction, complication are minimal or non exitant. Always consult with board certified plastic surgeons who have vast experience with butt implants surgery . Check the before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results,  because there are different surgical techniques and the implants come in different sizes and shapes.
                          Dr Widder