How to Choose the Best Surgeon for Tt?

How do I choose the best surgeon for a full TT. Am from uk what sort of qualifications experience ect, should I look for.

How to Choose Your Tummy Tuck Surgeon?

+2

I would suggest starting with the Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Hope this helps.

How to choose the best plastic surgeon for a tummy tuck.

+1

There are several credentials you should check for:

1. Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

2. Do they belong to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons

3. How long have they been in practice?

4. What experience do they have?

5. What is their academic output?  Have they written any papers?

6. What awards or honors have they been given?

These are among many questions you need to ask.  The main factor is to make sure you feel a rapport with the surgeon so a sense of mutual trust is developed.  No one can promise you that nothing will go wrong, but you want to be sure that if it does go wrong this doctor will stick with you and do everything in his or her power to fix it.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

How to Choose the Best Tummy Tuck Surgeon?

+1

You need to look for a surgeon who has experience with the latest and most updated techniques in reconstruction and aesthetics of the abdomen, such as Lipoabdominoplasty, VASER Body Reshaping, VASER Hi-Def, etc.

You also need to ensure that you see a qualified Consultant Plastic Surgeon who can show you examples of his work – and not just 1 or two procedures. You need to ask your surgeon how many years of experience he/she has in tummy tucks and also look at online reviews of the Surgeon.

Alberto Di Giuseppe, MBBS
London Plastic Surgeon

Choosing your plastic surgeon.

+1

This is a common question and I have written a blog post on this subject (follow link below).  Personal recommendation is always a good starting point, but you may not know someone who has had surgery as people often do not elect to talk about it.  A fully trained plastic surgeon in the UK will have the letters FRCS(Plast) after his or her name which means that they have passed the specialist fellowship in plastic surgery at the Royal College of Surgeons and is similar to being board certified in America.  To be sure that you are seeing a fully trained plastic surgeon, it is often best to choose a surgeon who is or has been a consultant plastic surgeon in the NHS.  Our professional associations are BAPRAS and BAAPS and there is a list of members on their websites, so you should be able to find someone near you.  I hope this is helpful.  Good luck.

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Choosing Tummy Tuck Surgeon

+1

Choosing a surgeon for tummy tuck is similar to that for any aesthetic procedure.  First of all, make sure the surgeon is certified bt the ABPS.  Ask friends and your family doctor for recommendations.  Look at before/after photos on surgeon's website.  Lastly, at consultation, make sure your are comfortable the surgeon. 

John Whitt, MD

Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery

+1

I recommend you always choose a surgeon that is Board Certified. Then be sure that your surgeon shows you before and after pictures and thoroughly explains the procedure to you. Additionally, we tour patients through our surgery center so they get a feel for facility. Of course, you still need to feel comfortable and confident with your surgeon even with all the above. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Choosing the best surgeon for tummy tuck

+1

When choosing a plastic surgeon you should look at their credentials such as board certification and any extra training they may have such as fellowships in aesthetic surgery.  You should then make a consultation and discuss your situation with the surgeon to make sure you are a good candidate for surgery. Ask to see pictures.  Ask to talk to other patients.  Also ask where they do the surgery.  Make sure that your surgeon's facility is accredited or that the surgery is done in the office.  We have a fully accredited private office OR suite and recovery center where I perform tummy tuck under epidural anesthesia.  We also offer general anesthesia for patients that choose that.  There are many options to consider when choosing a surgeon and it is important that you do your homework.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Tummy Tuck Surgery

+1

The best way is to see several surgeons and to get a feel for their approach. The best ones are those who spend time listening to understand what you want to achieve rather than trying to hard-sell you into an operation that you may not need or that may not deliver your aesthetic goal. You should also ask about the post-op care (with some cosmetic chains you see the surgeon on the day of the op and never again) and to see before & after results. Finally, speak to patients who have had surgery with that surgeon as this will give you an excellent idea of what to expect. Above all, don't feel pressured into a decision until you are 100% ready.

Maisam Fazel, MBBChir, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon