Uneven jaw when in relaxed position: Do I Need a Chin Implant? (photo)

When I bite my jaw seems straight but when relax it doesn't? I hear love to hear your advice please.

Chin implant candidate?

+2

If there is not an issue within your mouth in regards to your teeth and bite, you do appear to be a good candidate for chin augmentation with an implant.  When you bite, the lower lip will retract somewhat, making it look better in that position.  You really need to look at the face at rest to determine if you are a good chin implant candidate or not. 

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Chin Implant?

+1

From the photos provided, your chin is very weak.  Chin augmentation with a chin implant would address this issue.

Chin Implant Candidate?

+1

Based on your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for a chin implant.  Patients with receding chins have wonderful results with chin augmentation.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam, and to discuss your concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Chin implant

+1

Hard to tell exactly how you are aligned by your photo but it looks to me that you would be an excellent candidate for a chin implant.  See an experienced facial aesthetic specialist and I'm sure you will have a positive result. 

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

If there is no issue with your bite, then you appear to be a good candidate for a chin implant. Chin implants generally yield a fantastic result for patients with a receding chin, and I think you would be really happy with the outcome. From here, I would recommend a consultation with an experienced facial plastic surgeon. He/she may use computer imaging software to give you an idea of how the final result may appear. The morphed image that is generated can also serve as a fantastic communication tool between you and your prospective surgeon, and would allow you to make suggestions to him or her so you may obtain the best possible outcome. Thank you, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Chin Implants

+1

Depends on if you feel bringing your chin forward will give you facial harmony. Textbooks would say a small implant would bring you into more balance but it would be very subtle.

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC