Will alar wedge excision adversely lengthen my upper lip (area between nose and mouth)?

I am contemplating minor revision rhinoplasty but want to avoid further lengthening of my long upper lip. Will alar wedge excisions affect this area?

+2

Wedge resection does not have to change that relationship. I sometimes combine this with other techniques to shorten the distance.

Alar base modification

+2

Alar base modification (alar wedge excisions) will have no effect on the length of the upper lip. Computer imaging may be helpful in your case to demonstrate the effect alar base modification will have on your appearance.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Ala Wedge

+2

An ala wedge should have no affect on the length of your upper lip so I would not worry about it

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

Hello, thank you for your question! No; you should think about having a lip lift to shorten the area between your nose and upper lip. You can see photographs of this procedure at drkimberlyhenry for ideas. Best of luck and please feel free to call my office or email me with any of your concerns!

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon