18 months post-op: How might revision rhinoplasty affect the area between my nose and mouth? (photo)

Following closed rhinoplasty to de-project & de-hump my nose, I've been advised to consider revision to correct a deviated septum, as well as a Weir excision of my asymmetric right nostril, and rasping of callus. (Issues that presented post op.) Primary work on my anterior nasal spine enlarged the area between nose and mouth & exaggerated a droop on the right side of my lip. Will revision make these issues worse? Any advice about this &recovery time/potential swelling/scarring much appreciated.

Revision Rhinoplasty Indications

+2

Columellar retraction (the area between the nostrils) can sometimes occur after primary rhinoplasty and make the area of the upper lip appear more pronounced. A revision rhinoplasty can often correct this. Make sure to consult with a revision rhinoplasty expert who will perform computer imaging so you are on the same page as far as expectations. Good Luck!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

18 months post-op: How might revision rhinoplasty affect the area between my nose and mouth?

+1

I am not sure I would offer a revision as the postop represents a nice improvement.

Affect the area between my nose and mouth,(photo) after 18 months of Rhinoplasty?.

+1

Many thanks for the question.It seems from your first and the last photos that the stitch placed at the base of columella is keeping the lip retracted into your nose and giving a lenghtened upper lip and the answer lies in dividing the muscles at the base of your columella to regain old and proper projection of the nasolabial angle to restore the reduced height of the upper lip.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon