Will my left breast ever settle? Or should I get them redone? (photo)

I had surgery on 3/8/12 450 cc's gel under muscle I went from a 36A to a 36 full D. July 8 2013 I had a baby my breasts engorge twice the first time I released the milk by pumping and the second time I let the milk evaporate. I've gone back to my surgeon & ask for recommendations he suggested that I do the breast massaging & also go back on my herbal antibiotics. it has been close to 5 months now & I am not seeing a difference. Unfortunately with this I am back to be uncomfortable with body.

Does a high riding breast implant 5 months post surgery require a revision?

+1

At 5 plus months post breast augmentation a high riding implant will not likely fall into the correct location using conservative nonsurgical measures. It is time to consider a formal surgical revision.

Will my left breast ever settle? Or should I get them redone?

+1
Hi! Thank you for your question,

I am Dr. Speron, a proud member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS). I am also certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

According to the pictures you provided, it looks like you may need a revision to fix the left breast. I highly recommend that you speak with your board certified plastic surgeon to go over the best options for you.

Below are some links for additional information and before and after pictures.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us at 847.696.9900.

Best of luck and have a great day!

Regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

+1

In some cases like yours after a pregnancy there can be unilateral or bilateral capsular contracture. Only revision surgery will correct.//

Will my breast implant settle?

+1
Thank you for your question and photos.  You are quite a ways out from surgery now and have a significant difference in the positions of the breast implants.  Unfortunately, this will likely not resolve on it's own and you will benefit from a revision surgery to release the scar tissue and reposition the implant.  
Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

More time will not help; you will benefit from more surgery!

+1
Thanks for including photos; they clearly show the left implant position higher than the right. What they do not show is whether or not this occurred after surgery but before your recent pregnancy, or if things looked fine after your augmentation surgery and this problem developed after pregnancy and the breast changes associated with milk production. Did you have a mastitis? Is your left breast firm in addition to being too high?

If the answers to either or both of these questions is yes, then you likely have capsular contracture as the cause for your malposition and firmness, and capsulectomy will be necessary. If the answer to both of these questions is no and the left implant is soft, mobile, but positioned too high, then lowering of the pocket via capsulotomy may be all that is needed.

In either case, however, more surgery will be necessary. The conservative approach that was suggested (massage and herbal antibiotics) should be considered a failure after 5 months. If your surgeon seems unwilling to proceed with secondary surgery to help you with this problem, seek additional consultation with ABPS-certified plastic surgeons in your area. Help is available, and a solution is possible for you! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Yes, based upon your photos, it does look like you need a revision to bring down the left implant.  

Breast position

+1
I agree totally with what Dr. Eppley has said.  Your Left breast is not going to catch up with the right and does need revisional surgery.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Left Breast Implant Revisional Surgery

+1

Your left breast implant position is not going to change at this point. You need revisional surgery to lower the left breast pocket to better match the more favorable outcome of the right breast implant.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Revision Breast Surgery

+1
Based on your history and pictures I would reccomend a revision surgery. It's a small procedure to release the scar tissue surrounding your implant.

David Shifrin, MD

Breast after pregnancy

+1

Based on your history and pictures you should probably have revision surgery to help obtain as much symmetry as possible as they will probably not settle more based on the time. It typically is a pretty straight forward surgery with quick recovery. 

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon