Lollipop Verses Benelli Lift with Implants for Saggy Breast? The Doctor I Was Planning to Use Only Does Benelli Lifts. (photo)

saggy breast after 80lbs weight loss 2 pregnancies in 3 years age 28 height 5'1 weight 156 bra size 38 C

Benelli vs other lifts

+4

a well qualified plastic surgeon should be able to perform all kinds of breast lifts, that said, based on the limited info and the single pic, i recommend that you get another consultation with another surgeon and discuss your options, which can include a vertical lift or a full lift with or without an implant. you should also look at some before and after pics during the consultation to get an idea about the different techniques and results.

What lift is best?

+3

Benelli lifts certainly have less initial scarring BUT the scars often stretch out with time and I personally do not like how it flattens projection of the nipple complex.  If your surgeon has found a way to avoid this and has a fair revision policy should it not turn out how you expected, you can certainly continue with him/her.  But as the majority have mentioned, a vertical lollipop lift is usually more suitable in most situations.  

Curtis Wong, MD

Benelli lift possible, but tricky to execute

+2

I'm not quite as pessimistic as some of my colleagues about whether you could do a Benelli type lift because 1) you've got a large areola that needs to be reduced & 2) you won't have to move the nipple very far.

That being said, this is a very tricky thing to pull off without having to touch this up with a vertical excision later. As noted by the other commenters, a larger scar will be more predictable for best results.

Robert Oliver Jr., MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

New option for young sagging breasts

+2

Dear Jingold,

If you are happy with your C cup, then you would be an excellent candidate for the Ultimate Breast Lift. It is a new technique developed primarily for women like yourself that have lost breast volume and would rather not have an implant or a vertical scar. The UBL reshapes your existing breast tissue into a cone, raises it, then anchors it to provide you with upper pole fullness without the need for an implant. If what you want is more volume, then the Mini UBL might be right for you. In this version of the UBL, a small  to medium size retropectoral (never subglandular) implant takes the place of the internal cone. The upside to this version of the UBL is that you only need a circumareolar incision. Your breast tissue is simply repositioned and permanently anchored over the implant to provide you with a natural, rounder appearance.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Benelli vs. Lollipop

+2

Based on your photos, you would be much better served with a Lollipop or full (anchor ) lift.  A Benelli will only reduce the areola and slightly lift the nipple/areola complex. It would also bee helpful to add an implant to give more superior fullness and shape to the breasts

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Lollipop lift vs donut lift

+2

Thanks for your question.  If you were my patient I would not offer you augmentation without a lollipop lift.  I do not think I would be able to improve the shape of your breast enough through a donut lift.  That being said, your surgeon may have a good experience with donut lifts and breasts like yours.  Ask to see pictures of patients with breasts like yours before and after.  Good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Best breast lift for patient with significan weight loss

+2

Thank you for your pictures.  I do not think a Benelli lift will work well for you.  I would recommend a variant of the vertical or "lollipop" lift that anchors and restructures the breast tissue so that the upper pole of the breast obtains better volume.  Implants along with the lift will help to restore a pleasing breast profile.  An "anchor" lift might also work, but in my experience doesn't hold its position as well and there is also the issue of the extra scars.

John Q. Cook, MD

LIft and implants

+2

Based solely on looking at your photos, it looks like you could benefit from a lollipop lift and an implant. I do not think a circumareola procedure will be enough.

Should a doctor only use a Benelli lift?

+2

It is difficult to know for certain, though usually after weight loss the vertical lift gives better support to breast and improves projection compared to the around the nipple or Benelli type lift. A surgeon who 'only' does a Benelli lift is a red flag and perhaps you need an additional consult to compare ideas.

+2

Even with the poorly exposed posted photo I can see you are NOT a candidate for donut lift. In fact I might recommend full anchor for you. Best to seek more in person opinions.