3 Months Post BA and Anchor Lift: Will a Lollipop Lift Help Saggy Breasts?

I had a BA and anchor lift on 1/12/11. My rt breast developed a capsular contracture and my left breast is falling into my arm pit and is flat in the upper pole and the bottom is flat and pointy and ugly. My right breast has the CC but at least it has upper fullness. Both are still saggy. My PS agreed to do a lollipop lift for free in his office under a local. If I want the CC removed I have to pay $2400 for hosp/anesthesia fees only. Do you think a lift will help and is it ok to ignore CC?

Breast Revision Surgery

Hello and thank you for the question.

In review of your photographs, I could not agree more with Dr. Verpaele and Dr. Tholen. You have a complex problem and one that requires the correct evaluation and management if you are to maximize your chances of having an acceptable result.

First and foremost, the capsular contracture must be addressed if you hope to achieve optimal symmetry. I would recommend a complete capsulectomy with exchange of implant. Next, you will require a breast lift. A lollipop breastlift  will not adequately address all components of your breast sagging and will in all likelihood leave you with a unsatisfactory result. A Wise-Pattern breast lift would thus be recommended in order to create an aesthetically balanced breast mound.

I would recommend you seek a few opinions from Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.