Will a Lollipop Lift Raise my Implants?

I got high profile silicone implants 325 and 350 5 months ago. I was boderline on needing a vertical lift. I am 28 and my ps felt that the scar may really bother me so he suggested we do an augmentation first, wait 6 months and see if I was happy. He said if not we can do a vertical lift in the office under local. Will this lift my implant any, will it lift my breast off of my inframammary crease? I was wearing a c cup to begin with, I am now a DD. Will the lift decrease my size.

Lillipop Breast Lift under Local Anesthesia in Doctor's office

+2

Regarding: "Will a Lollipop Lift Raise my Implants?
I got high profile silicone implants 325 and 350 5 months ago. I was boderline on needing a vertical lift. I am 28 and my ps felt that the scar may really bother me so he suggested we do an augmentation first, wait 6 months and see if I was happy. He said if not we can do a vertical lift in the office under local. Will this lift my implant any, will it lift my breast off of my inframammary crease? I was wearing a c cup to begin with, I am now a DD. Will the lift decrease my size
."

Can a PROPERLY done breast lift (Mastopexy) lift sagging augmented breasts? - Yes.
Will these augmented breasts with large implants STAY perky and elevated for a long time? Seriously doubtful. After all, your smaller breasts sagged without "help" from the implants. Placing the implants further weakened the breast suspension to the chest wall, stretched the breast skin envelope and then, to make things more challenging, put the extra weight of the implants on top. For this reason you need to wear a good bra at all times and protect the breasts from gravity as much as possible.

While I agree that doing the augmentation first and breast lift second (IE Staged fashion) may be safer, I suspect that you were not really "borderline" needing a lift and that the breast implants may have put in as an attempt to avoid a deserved breast lift. This NEVER really works.

Lastly, performing a Breast Lift operation in one's procedure room, instead of a certified facility is done ONLY to save money and takes on higher risks. It is FORBIDDEN by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons suggesting your surgeon may not be a member of this society.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Breast Lift Candidate?

+1

It is very difficult to give you good advice without direct examination or viewing pictures. I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon to express your concerns and goals. You will find that without more information online consultation will only be confusing to you.

Breast lift do not lift implants

+1

A breast lift will improve overall breast shaping and improve the nipple position relative to the implant- but your breast implant will remain in exactly the same position (over the long term) after a breast lift. 

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Vertical incision breast after having breast implants

+1

A vertical breast lift (mastopexy) will improve your breast shape and raise your nipple position.  It may not however raise your breast implant position.  Your surgeon may need to remove some skin with a minimal amount of breast tissue, but your overall breast size should not change significantly.  It is reasonable to "stage" the lift meaning having it done after your implants are already in place-as your surgeon is planning.  This will likely give you a nicer scar, but your actual implant will not be elevated much during the procedure.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Vertical incision to lift breasts after implants

+1

Based on what you describe, your surgeon's plan seems reasonable. There are times where a patient may be "border-line" in needing a breast lift at the time of a breast augmentation. In such cases, a staged procedure (if needed) a few months later is done and if only a small lift is need, can be done as an office procedure. If a large lift is needed, it is more commonly done in an operating room as some work may need to be done deeper in teh breast. A vertical incision lift will raise your nipple and remove some of the loose skin in the lower breast and therefore lift the implant also. Your size will change very little unless a significant amount of breast tissue is removed or a smaller implant is placed.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

It depends!

+1

In the correct patient, a lollipop lift will both lift the implant and the breast. On the other hand, large breasted women such as you may not experience a long-lasting benefit from any type of lift because of the weight of the breast which causes drooping after surgery. Your breasts will also look a bit smaller after the lift.

George Sanders, MD

Pictures help

+1

A vertical breast lift can elevate the breast tissue enough to get the breast off of the infra mammary crease. The recommendations of your original Plastic Surgeon are reasonable and if that is what bothers you you should talk with him or her again. 

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift after implant augmentation surgery

+1

A vertical lift wil tend to reposition your nipple on your breast mound and implant whereas a lower capsulorrhapy with upper capsulotomy will lift or reposition your implant

Breast lift after breast augmentation

+1

I am not a fan of the "lollipop lift" after breast implants except in very rare cases because I dont think the shape is as good as it is with a traditional anchor-type incision for the lift.  The only difference with a lollipop lift is that the inframammary crease incision is avoided; however, this is not a visible incision and I have never had a patient complain of that incision. The only incision that is visible with a lift is the vertical incision which is the same in both lifts.  What I try to get my patients to concentrate on with a lift is shape rather than scar.  Whatever lift provides the best shape is what should be done.  If you have had a 3 cup size expansion of your breast volume with implants then I cant imagine a lift being done technically and successfully simply under local anesthesia.  I would recommend a lift under general.  I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

James F. Boynton, M.D, F.A.C.S.

James F. Boynton, MD

Breast lift after augmentation

+1

A breast lift wil raise your implants if they are sitting low on your chest.  I do not do these under local I prefer general anesthesia.