Breasts Grew Back After Reduction Surgery

I had a lollipop breast reduction app 6 yrs ago. which i was pleased.Size DD to full C. That same year i had gain weight rapidly and my breast grew back, mainly all below the nipple. The nipples are way too high up & breasts look abnormal. Also the scarring has widen significantly. Im 30,good weight.I went back to my surgeon & said he's never seen this b4 & was quite shocked. If he re does the surgery the breast wont be as perky. Why this happen? I want my breasts to b perky with min scars

Breast Hypertrophy Recurrence?

+1

It is probable that your breast size increase is related to the weight gain you experienced. Revisionary breast reduction surgery may be helpful. This may involve further reduction of breast and/or adipose tissue as well as scar revision surgery.

Weight Gain and Breast Reduction

+1

It sounds as if your breast has “bottomed out” with the breast tissue dropping to the bottom of the breast and this makes the nipple rise too high. It sounds as if you will need a revision to reposition your breast and nipple without reducing the size. Your surgeon may need to add a “T” to the lollipop incision.

Leo Keegan, MD

Breasts and shape change

+1

I do not know why your breast shape has changed, but if you gained weight, it certainly can add to the volume of the breast.

Breast Growth After Breast Reduction

+1
You would think that once a breast is made smaller with surgery it would stay this way. While this is true in the vast majority of cases, it is not always true. Since a variable portion of the breast volume is made up of fat, a large weight gain can result in increase in volume of that fat component. The sudden increase in the size of the breasts would simultaneously stretch and skin, the areolas andany existing scars - as happened to you. The solution is either weight loss or a repeat removal of breast tissue to reduce the breasts. A much rarer entity is Virginal Breast Hypetrophy seen in young women. In this condition, breast tissue regenerates rapidly reaching pre-surgery dimensions. Dr. Peter lade

Weight gain after breast reduction

+1
tonitoni
Weight gain can lead to increase in breast size, even after a breast reduction.
Weight gain results in fat deposition throughout the entire body.  Everybody is genetically differently programmed where their fat is deposited predominantly.  For most people this is around the waist and thighs.  Some women gain and loose a lot in their breasts with weight changes.  You may be one of those people.  Your options are to loose weight or to have another breast reduction.  It is not uncommon for women to have another reduction after they gained weight.
Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast can get large with weight gain following reduction

+1

Your weight gain is likely responsible. You could undergo a lower pole resection with medial and lateral pillar plication but it may be difficult to assure a "perky breast" which paradoxically may require a small implant.