After a complete capsulectomy 2 weeks ago, my breast have caved in under the nipples. (Photo)

After a complete capsulectomy 2 weeks ago, my breast have caved in under the nipples. This was after 10 years with saline implants under the muscle. The explant surgery already included a lift. I don't want more surgery. I'm looking for opinions if anyone has seen a case this severe that fluffed out without additional treatment.

#Explant - Collapse after breastImplant removal

+1
I'm sorry for the problems you're having.

On the one hand, you've already had a lift and it's early in your recovery.  You should give it at least three months to settle down on its own and hopefully by then the appearance will have improved and you'll be satisfied.  That, of course, would be the best case scenario.

However, it also may not do that and, in that case, you may have to consider a revisional procedure.  As others have noted, there is an advantage to staging this procedure - doing the explant as stage one, waiting 3-6 months, and then doing a lift as needed - although that's a lot to ask most people to wait for.

You should stay in touch with your own plastic surgeon and if you have any hesitation seek one or more second opinions from board-certified plastic surgeons.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of RealSelf100

Post op implant removal

+1
Please give yourself adequate time to heal before planing further surgery.  Things will continue to change and fluff for at least 3 months.  At that point you can re discuss options, provided you are still not quite satisfied with your doctor.  

Melinda Haws, MD

Unexpected result

+1
Thank you for the picture. I don't know if this is going to correct itself. I would give it three months. This is why I do  not do explantation and a lift at the same time. I usually do an expectation only. I'll allow depressed to settle over three months and then evaluate if a breast lift is needed. 

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

After a complete capsulectomy 2 weeks ago, my breast have caved in under the nipples.

+1
You are very early in the healing process.  Over time, this issue should take care of itself. Massage should help, but follow up with your Plastic Surgeon for his follow up instructions.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Cvaed in breast 2 weeks after implant removal and lift.

+1
I am sorry to see the trouble you are having.  You are very early after your implant removal and the loose fold of skin beneath your breasts should become less with time over the next 3 months or so.

If after 6 months there is a residual fold of skin present a simple skin excision revision can be done.

Please consult your plastic surgeon.  In my experience massage of the fold and the depressed area can be helpful.  Most situations like this improved significantly with time.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast scarring after Total Capsulectomy and Breast Implant Removal.

+1
Thank you for your question. I'm sorry for the anxiety and stress you must be feeling.

You have already had a lift, so the very best thing to do right now is wait, wait, and wait.

Give this 3 months, then give it 3 more.  I would wait a year to see what your final results might be.  This could just be early scarring that may release over time.

You may need a revision; you may not.  Time will tell.  I know that it is hard to wait.

Begin scar massage when your PS says that it is okay to start

To be sure, return to see you plastic surgeon on a regular basis and follow all of his or her instructions.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS