How Log Does It Take for the Tissue to Repair Itself After Removal of Buttock Implants?

I had implants placed in my buttox on the 18th of January this year,and I got a fever and chills about 1 week post op. my doc had me going back to the office every two days to check but led me to believe things were ok. 4 weeks post op he tells me there must be an infection and he has to go in and look, when I woke up they took my implants :( my butt is smaller then before the implants, it is virtually flat. Will the old tissue or fat grow back or am I stuck like this unless I get another aug?

How Long Does It Take for the Tissue to Repair Itself After Removal of Buttock Implants?

+1
   After implant removal and appropriate antibiotic treatment, healing and absence of infection should be observed for 3 to 6 months.  A new implant can be placed at that time or fat grafting can be considered.

Buttock implants removal consequences

+1

In my experience, once buttock implants are removed and the tissue recovers, everything goes back to baseline (similar to pre-operation) within about 5-6 months.  However, there may be circumstances (such as a extensive infection or trauma requiring debridement in addition to simple removal of the implants) where you may have a change in butttock shape or size in the end but that is quite rare.  Make sure to keep your follow up visits with your operating surgeon to ask their opinion as well.  Glad to help... @drryanstanton

Ryan Stanton, MD

Tissue Recovery After Gluteal implant removal

+1

Hi thanks for your question.  I am very sorry

that your implants became infected and needed to be removed.  It takes approximately 3-6 months for the tissue to recover and during this time you can have them replaced.  Good luck and take care!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon