What Do You Think About Ultra HP 550/600?

I'm 5'4 144# 49yrs athletic, I'm AA going to D. I cannot go 500HP they are to wide for my frame. I need to go UHP 550/600. I don't want to look like dolly... PS said w/ my frame I will look amazing. he would never put implants in that do not look appropriate to size/shape/weight. I trust him. What do you think? Surgery is 10/22/2012. I have tried on sizes 3 times I cannot make up my mind. don't want the cupcake look at all. what do you think? No sagging/measure a 12. tight breast bone.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Ultra High Profile Implants - For A Select Few

+1

Ultra-High profile breast implants allow the most breast volume to be added to a women with a smaller frame.   These implants have a good deal of projection.  In my experience, overly projected implants on a petit patient do not age favorably.  Since the weight of the implant is centered far forward of the ribcage, these implants will have the tendency to drop over time and stretch-out the breast skin.  For a petite woman wanting a full bust, I would recommend a high profile implant which gives a good deal of projection and a more reasonable chance of maintaining an attractive breast shape over time.

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Ultra high breast implants

+1

Dear Sexy49,

well my other colleagues here have resumed it all: Bigger does not mean better, but more problems. I use that mantra daily with my patients in my practice.

it is difficult to evaluate your body without photos and measurements. 

but going from an AA to a D on your 5'4 frame with such size ( 600 cc ) will most likely make you look " matronly ". you need to discuss with your plastic surgeon and try on sizers. take photos of yourself with them, or walk around for a week, so it will give you a good impression of your new profile. 

in my own opinion, I would tell you these implants are way too big for your frame, and you may,most likely, experience problems in the future.

good luck,

Florence Mussat, MD

Florence Mussat, MD

Ultra-high profile implants

+1

I do not recommend ultra-high profile implants for augmentation. My advice for someone in your situation would be to use the largest high-profile implant that will fit your breast width and accept this as the fullest breasts that can be obtained. Good luck and be careful!

Andrew Stewart, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

What size breast implants?

+1

Dear Sexy49.  Without photos or multiple chest measurements, it's hard to answer these questions.  My overall impression is that 550 to 600cc would be VERY large on a 5'4" woman.  Overly large implants also have increased risks associated with them such as stretch marks, sagging, back pain, synmastia, chronic pain, increased chance of rippling, increased chance of capsular contracture, increased chance of losing nipple sensation, etc.  If you are going under the muscle, there is a high chance the implants will drift laterally because the pectoral muscles can't stretch that fast.  You may want to reconsider something in the 300-400cc range. 

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

AA to DD just might be more than you can handle

+1

The ultra high profile implant might 'fit' your chest, thought the implant is very round and projecting, and just might not fit into the breast skin or envelope, especially with the skin tight over the breast bone. You trust the surgeon, yet you are choosing the implant, and you just might look 'amazing' but not in a good way. Kind of a red flag here, so be careful what you ask for.

Size

+1

I like to utilize computer imaging to illustrate what a specific size will look like. It is difficult to comment without a photo.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Implant Sizing extremely important to avoiding unnecessary revisons for size

+1

It is extremely important that you and your surgeon are comfortable and agree on the size you choose.  The ultra high profile implant form Mentor can be helpful for a patient who is trying to go with larger implants but has a fairly narrow base width.  Nevertheless, your increasing from a AA to a D and you mention a "tight breast bone"  with a measurement of 12 (which I assume is base width).  I would be worried that you may develop a symmastia with too large of an implant.  Best discuss your concerns again with your surgeon prior to your final decision.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+1

Given your concern, you will be much better off  spending more time with your plastic surgeon discussing your goals and the best breast implants likely to  achieve your goals. This time spent will be more valuable than any online consultants'  advice, given the limited information available…  In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures given that terms  such as “Dolly”, “cupcakes”  or “D cup" can mean different things to different people.

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery.

Ultra High Profile Breast Augmentation

+1

Beware!  In my opinion, the ultra high profile implants should be reserved for breast reconstruction (after mastectomy) only.  You will be at significant risk for capsular contracture.  As you age, you will invariably experience ptosis (sagging) of the breast.  Ptosis with a large implant is very difficult to repair.  Ultra high profile implants in a cosmetic augmentation will be very noticable and likely, very unnatural appearing.  All-in-all, I would not recommend this to any of my patients.  It is very important that you consult with a reputable, board-certified Plastic Surgeon prior to undergoing this procedure.

Jarrod Little, MD