What Size Implant Would You Recommend for 12 BDW 5'4 145 Pounds. Starting As Size A?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Implant Size

+1

Unfortunately, you did not give us your bra size just your cup size.  If you are 32 or 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you are 36 or 38 each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  From this information, you can calculate the implant size that you need.  Just as important as implant size is the shape of the breast, the position of the breast on the chest wall, symmetry, skin tone and areola position.  These are all factors to consider for optimal results.  Often, the lift is more important than the implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

The best implant for you

+1

Without more information any implant size is only a guess. The implant size is only a number anyway, and you should worry more about how you want to look.

Choosing Breast Implants

+1

It is very difficult to predict post-opearative bra cup size for several reasons, and this is why most Plastic Surgeons are reluctant to guarantee that you will be a specific cup size with a particular implant. There are ways to estimate how many cup sizes you may increase, but ultimately these are just that- estimations.

Using bra cup size estimations are a reasonable starting point for a conversation, but ultimately, there are better ways to deterimine if an implant right for you. Volumetric sizing (trying implants on in a bra) can give you a good way to visualize what you will likely look like and was the standard method for a long time.

Today, we have 3D imaging systems that can take a photo of your body and give a very good simulation of your predicted post-operative result. If you are unsure about your implant choice, this may help in your decision process.

Lawrence Iteld, MD