I Have About To Inject Radiesse for Face Volume, Where is the Best Location?

+1
I use Radiesse to give shape to the face.  It lasts longer than HAs and can be done in an office visit.

Radiesse for Facial Volume

+1

Thank you for your question. This depends on the face, and the location of volume loss. I like to assess the cheekbones first, then work down. If the temples are hollow, then I will start there, but usually it is the cheekbones needing attention first. Then to midface, and NL folds last. Sometimes a jaw injection to smooth the lines is also required. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Best Location for Radiesse #Radiesse#Injectables

+1

Thank you for your question!  It has been my experience that Radiesse can be used many places in the face depending on where volume is needed.  It works extremely well in the temporal hollow just lateral to the eyes.  This region is very susceptible to loss of volume especially with age and a thin body.  It creates fullness to the midface to replace volume to the cheeks and the folds around the mouth.  The folds to below the mouth and the chin region can help provide youth to this region as well as the pre-jowl region along the jaw line.  All in all, it is a very valuable asset to replace and augment lost volume.    Hope this works for you!

Joel B. Beck, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Fillers

+1

fillers are used where one wants more volume. Radiesse must be injected deep in the face to avoid lumpiness. However lumpiness is a potential risk. In my opinion Radiesse should not be used in the lips, and the lower or upper lids. Fat remains the best and most economical for the face. However fat transfer to the face needs more artistic judgment and experience. one can transfer 20-30 cc of fat which can not be done with Radiesse (Too expensive) that leads to under correction. Radiesse can nor be removed. fat can be corrected with adding more fat or microliposuction.

Radiesse for Face Volume, Where is the Best Location?

+1

Radiesse can be applied into different areas of the face and is best when injected directly onto the bone, I suggest you seek a reputable board certified physician for an in person exam to determine where you have more loss of volume. 

Best of luck