Incision Location for Brazilian Butt Lift

Is the incision for a Brazilian Butt Lift always all the way across at the top of the butt? Can it be in other locations such as underneath where the cheeks join the thighs or vertically down the middle where it can be more easily hidden? It is hard to tell from photos because thongs could be covering the incision. I am thin so I don't need anything done to my back or flanks, I just need help for a sagging backside. If an incision can be done at the bottom I am interested.

Incisions for a BBL

+1

The incisions from a Brazilian Butt lift are very small, they are necessary for fat harvest through liposuction, these are typically placed somewhere above your buttock to contour the midsection.  You might be thinking of a lower body lift, where there is an incision across the top of the buttock, this is a very different type of surgery.

Brazilian Butt lift & No Incision

+1

There is no long incisions in Brazilian butt lift. As a matter of fact, the same tiny incisions used in liposuction is used. Sometimes, the incisions are smaller than liposuction incision. Brazilian butt lift is fat grafting to the buttocks. During Brazilian butt lift, fat cells are gently harvested from areas of the body with excess fat using liposuction and transferred to the buttocks. This is basically using liposuction to sculpt your body and injecting the fat into the buttocks. Since these are your own fat cells, there is no rejection. My goal during buttock enhancement with fat graft is to create a youthful, fuller and lifted buttocks without implants.

Stanley Okoro, MD

No incision buttock lift

+1

I've heard some surgeons erroneously call this operation a BBL.  There is no scar across the top or the bottom for BBL.  You sound like a potential candidate for gluteal implants but that remains to be seen.  Very few surgeons in america do this.  If you are fairly athletic and muscular then I'd suggest you find one that can evaluate you for this.  The fat transfer technique may not be your operation since as you say you don't have any tissue.  Be certain that you are being evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift is really an augmentation using fat

+1

This is a poorly named procedure, but its popular enough that the name has stuck- a BBL is simply fat grafting and liposuction done to contour the buttocks, flanks and thighs. There is an excisional procedure called a Buttock Lift that involves removing lax tissues and lifting sagging buttocks- this leaves the scar that you describe.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift Uses Fat Injections Not Skin Removal For Its Effects

+1

Your misconception of how a Brazilian Butt Lift is done is both common and understandable. It is really fat injections to the buttocks to make them more full and rounder, this creating a 'lift'. Quite frankly, I have always considered that name both a misnomer and inaccurate. A buttock lift, in the truest sense of the concept, involves the removal of skin for reshaping. This could be either a lower buttock lift to get rid of overhanging skin past the lower buttock fold or an upper buttock lift as part of a circumferential or lower body lift.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Brazilian butt lift does not require a long incision.

+1

Brazilian butt lift is liposuction to the abdomen or other doner sites.  The fat is then injected into the buttocks.  This is not the same as a butt lift, which would require a long incision. 

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Brazilian Butt Lift refers to the fat transfer to the buttocks. It involves liposuction of fat fro unwanted areas and processing the fat then injecting the fat into the buttock to increase the size of the buttock (it also lift the sagging Butt)

If what you need is actual BUTTOCK LIFT not increase in size then the best incision is in the upper buttock. The incision can be put in the buttock crease if you elect that(escribed by Dr. Patungy.

Such scar can drop low and is difficult to heal because of the tesion on the incision when sitting.