Need to Locate a Doctor Near Burbank California to Pop my Saline Implant

I need to locate a surgeon near burbank california to pop my saline implant so I can have seemetry until im done with going to bootcampand am ready to get them replaced.i am also wondering how long it will take to heal before I can go back to running pushups etc. and is it safe right after breastfeeding?i stoppped about two weeks ago.

Locating a plastic surgeon

+1

Both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons  have services to help you locate a surgeon in your area. Be sure he or she is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. You might want to consider removing the implants and not just deflating the one (I assume you have a deflated one on the other side) as is recommended for deflated implants by the manufacturer and most plastic surgeons. But this is something you can talk with your surgeon about. Be sure you are comfortable with the discussion and the answers you get. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Deflating saline implants in the office

+1

I do this routinely for a variety of reasons.  Ultimately , you want to remove the device and this is a short term solutions.  Call ASAPS or ASPS   or check online  PlasticSurgery.org

Breast Augmentation - Need to Locate a Doctor Near Burbank California to Pop my Saline Implant

+1

This is an increasingly common procedure and is, in general, not that involved or complicated (with the understanding that there are risks with all surgical procedures and even including this one).  That being said, try asaps dot org for a list of board certified plastic surgeons near you.  You may then need to make a few phone calls to make sure that the surgeon will perform that procedure.  The procedure itself is typically performed under a bit of local anesthesia.  You will, of course, be best served by eventually having the silicone shells removed, with or without implants being reinserted.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast implant replacement

+1

If you want to deflate an implant for symmetry I have to assume the one on the other side has ruptured/deflated. Popping a breast implant without removing it is as bad an idea as ignoring a deflated implant even if they are saline implants. A breast capsule devoid of an inflated implant can collapse upon itself and distort the breast. That is why the majority of surgeons will remove the capsule to some degree when removing breast implants. The exception to that is when the capsule is see through thin.

The other issues in your case are boot camp with vigorous physical activity and breast feeding. If the implant and capsule are removed you will need to wait a week or 2 for boot camp. If the implants are replaced with new implants 3 to 4 weeks is better. If you are breast feeding you should wait until almost a year after the milk production has turned off for implant surgery in order to avoid problems.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Breast Implant Deflation

+1

Sounds like you have had a deflation on one side and want the other side deflated until you can return for replacement surgery.

You can search for a board certified plastic surgeon to perform this procedure for you.  It is not a difficult procedure with minimal recovery time.  You should be fine to go back to your activity soon after the procedure but please discuss this with the surgeon that you choose.