Doctor Recommendation for Liposuction on African American with Keloids

I am an african american female interested in having liposuction on my tummy. I have keloids, what would be the best procedure to do? How do I locate a surgeon who is familiar with what keloids is?

Liposuction and keloids

+1

Keloids are well known to any plastic surgeon or dermatologic surgeon.  Liposuction does involve placing insertion sites in a few areas for the abdomen and each of these areas may become a hypertrophic scar or keloid if you are prone to them.   The friction of the cannula going to and fro through the insertion site can cause more trauma in the insertion site.  It is rare to develop any keloids within the subcutaneous tissues that undergo liposuction.