Localized Nose Pain 2 Years After Rhinoplasty+FESS

Hello. Two years ago i had Rhinoplasty+FESS because i had a nose hump on the top of my nose and a deviated septum. However since that day i have nose pain on both sides where the hump was removed and also some swelling, it has a crooked shape too. Later i did Septoplasty+FESS again because sinusitis appearedand, also i had lack of cartilage and double cartilage in some places. However the pain remained. Sorry for the long post but any ideas why i have pain and swelling?

Pain two years after rhinoplasty

+2

Hi Stryerr-

Nasal pain two years after rhinoplasty is unusual. It also sounds like you continue to have sinus issues as well. I would recommend discussing this with your surgeon.

Sincerely,

Tom Kaniff

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Pain 2 Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

Nasal pain 2 years after rhinoplasty is not normal. You need an evaluation and examination by a a surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty. This is not an emergency, but from the appearance of your nose I would do this in the near future.

Pain after rhinoplasty and FESS

+1

I'm sorry to hear you are having so many problems after your surgery.  2 years after surgery, you should be completely healed and not having any pain.  I would recommend going back to your operating surgeon and talking to him/her.  You should definitely get an exam to make sure there isn't any problems.  Also - you may need a revision rhinoplasty to straighten your nose.   I'm sure your surgeon  would be happy to see you and help determine what can be done to improve your situation.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Pain 2 Years After Rhinoplasty

+1

Is it normal to have localized pain 2 years after Rhinoplasty?  No.  The exact reason for this cannot be elucidated with a physical examination.  However, in the setting where osteotomies are performed, it is not unusual to have some degree of sensitivity to touch along the nasal bones for several months.  I agree that the nose is not straight and is likely to require additional surgery to straighten it.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon