Lipoma Swelled, Purple, Has Discharge, and Extremely Painful. No Insurance, No Money for Surgery. What Can I Do?

I have had a lipoma on my back between neck and shoulder for a couple years now. Recently, it has become inflamed, and is swollen, purple, painful to touch, and does have some discharge. I have no insurance, and cannot come up with the whole amount of cash all at once for surgery/treatment. I would be able to make payments. Is there any help for me?

Atypical lipomas on the body and treatment - Los Angeles

+3

This is an atypical presentation for a lipoma and should be seen immediately by a trained doctor. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Painful lipoma

+3

more than likely that is not a lipoma.  lipomas rarely get infected.  You need to have a surgeon remove and or i and d that lesion. you need to either find a generous surgeon or start making some money fast.

Timothy Mountcastle, MD
Ashburn General Surgeon