Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Swelling or Fat? (photo)

I am 7 week and 3 days after tummy tuck plus lipo to hips.i had alot of fluid which needed aspirating 4 times and a total of 750mls.i had a blister develop on my scar which is still leaking fluid. Small amount each day.i spoke to my surgeon over my hips and he said it is fat which i have put on.as i am not happy with results.i have pics of my recovery and my hips have always looked the same.can someone tell me if its swelling or fat.i have wore my compression garment every day/night since my op

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Swelling or Fat?

+1

Might be a combination of very very conservative excision plus residual fluids. Might recommend re insertion of drainage system than re operation after 6 months//

+1

I am never sure what a patient means by "hips".  I think you are talking about the lateral flanks, at the end of the TT incision. The hips to me are the outer thighs, where the hip bone inserts into the pelvis. 

I assume the liposuction was to this area, and I can't tell for sure whether this is persistent fat or swelling. Even on exam it can be hard to tell. At 2 months it is quite likely that at least some of this is swelling, but only time will tell. 

If there is persistent fluid collection under the TT surgical area, ask your surgeon about sclerosis--injecting an "irritating" fluid--betadine, tetracycline, alcohol--to try to encourage the "bursa" or cavity, to seal.

All the best.