I Live in the UK, Am So Depressed with my Hanging Tummy, Who Can I Go to for a Free Tummy Tuck? I Have No Life Anymore.

since haveing 2 ceseareans in the 1980s i have been left with a hanging tummy. i can only wear baggy t shirts and have not been swimming for over 20 years as i look too disgusting. i have no social life either as i try to avoid going out apart from going to work. i look disgusting and for this reason i also have no relationship with men, i am too embarrased about my horrible body. PLEASE HELP ME someone? sorry, no photo, i will not let anyone take one.

I thought medical care in Great Britain was free.

+1

I think it's a bit much to expect to get a free abdominoplasty. As you see, even in a country that has socialized medicine it's often impossible to get service.

Free Tummy Tuck?

+1

Just as a reference as to the cost to the office of doing a tummy tuck

Operating room                                                               $1950

Anesthesia                                                                        $550

Garment and pain device                                                  $500

Office overhead as percentage of usual surgical fee      $4400.

No profit is made on the first three items, and the office overhead costs are lower in our office than in most othersin our area. Although patients may feel that they are asking merely  for a couple hours of time donated, they are actually asking for more than they realize. In the case of a tummy tuck, it is between $7,000 and $8,000 cost to the practice. 

Some of these may well cost less in the UK, but it is not free. 20 years ago would have been a better time to start saving, but this is a good time. All the best. 

Free abdominoplasty

+1

Try the NHS.

Unless things have changed since I worked there you should be able to get an abdominoplasty on the NHS.

However you may have to sit on a waiting list for quite a while.

Douglas McManamny, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Free Tummy Tuck

+1

I am not sure in your country, but maintaining a high quality well staffed surgical office is extremely expensive and cannot be maintained as such without appropraite surgical fees.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tummy tuck after c-section

+1

While our hearts definitely go out to you in your plight, I am afraid that the average surgeon in private practice cannot feasibly offer such services for free.  One alternative that you might consider is a training program, where there are often resident surgeons in training who are supervised by fully trained attending surgeons.  They will often be able to offer such procedures at rates far less than the general market, but in any event, it likely will still not be totally free.  One other possibility on an outside chance is to find a surgeon newly in practice who is establishing his or her reputation and might be willing to perform such services in exchange for the use of your story for marketing purposes or instructional purposes for other surgeons.  Sometimes the trade-off is worth it to the surgeon, and you will be the beneficiary of an economical service.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Free Surgery

+1

Unfortunately, you probably won't be able to get a free tummy tuck.  Many people are in similar situations and the options would be to start saving money toward this surgery and doing research to find out what would be the best option for you.

Best wishes

I work all day, answer online questions all night, and the tax man takes so much of my earnings. Where can I get a free Ferrari?

+1

Sorry, but you don't "have a life" because that is a choice you have made. You may be a very nice person, but plastic surgery is for motivated patients who are willing to spend time, a reasonable amount of money, accept the responsibility of compliance, and will accept that surgeons who perform elective surgery are neither perfect nor "free."

Start saving, dieting, and get going. You will not get better as more time goes by, so the time to start on your self-improvement journey is today. If you are clinically depressed, see your doctor and get some help, and if you are caught in a poisonous relationship, get out of that as well.

Sorry, but sometimes the hardest things are the ones that need to be attended to first. Truly, I wish you well! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon