Seeking A Highly Experienced Doctor For A Brazilian Butt Lift, Any Info/Advice?

I am 29 yo, 5'4" 115 lbs. Over the years I have fluctuated between 101-138, most often +/- 10/15 lbs, and had lipo of my flank, abdomen and under arms. You can see the toll weight change has taken on my skin and I am sad for the additional damage that will be done when I gain the weight once more to have this procedure and lipo it out. Beyond that I fear the hard lumps and bumps that can form, or the fat almost fully reabsorbing and it was all for nothing.  I live in NJ and am seeking a highly experienced doctor for a brazilian butt lift (fat grafting)...Willing to travel.  Any info/advice appreciated.

+2

I would not gain any weight.  You will need to be examined to determine is this is a reasonable option for you.   I performed a Brazilian buttlift on a woman of 114 lbs this week, and in most thin individuals I can get 600 cc per buttock or more.  It is a rare individual in whom I cannot perform this procedure.        I tailor the operation to meet the demands of the patients.                                                                                                                                       I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

BBL

+1

the best results after BBL are in patients such as yourself who are normal weight and need fat redistribution. I do not recommend weight gain before the BBL. the smaller fat particles do far better with grafting.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Realistic expectations

+1

No matter how experienced the doctor is, if you don't have enough fat, nothing can be done. Also remember, some of the fat will go away - seek a couple of consultations , we need to see you in person prior to deciding on what would work best for you.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

BBL Surgeon

+1

Without seeing you, it is impossible to know if you have enough fat for a successful Brazilian Butt Lift. I have many very skinny patients and am often surprised how much fat I can harvest and put in the butt and hips.  You are right to look for an expert, as this is a very specialized procedure. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who does at least 6 per week - don't just take their work for it. They should show dozens of before and after photos on the website. If there are only a few on his/her website then they are clearly not doing many, or they are getting results that are not "website-worthy". Check out some before and after pics below and you may see someone who looks similar to you.

Matthew Schulman, MD

BBL and weight gain before surgery

+1

I do not recommend patients gaining weight before BBL. It is very rare that enough fag can not be harvested from different areas to have adequate volume for BBL. You seem to have enough in the limited view picture you posted. Need to have an in person evaluation and simulation to see his you would look like realistically after surgery. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Experienced Brazilian Butt Lift Surgeon in NJ/NY

+1

I see patients from the NJ/NY metro area for Brazilian Butt Lifts  and would be more than happy to personally evaluate you. Your picture is helpful but a thorough assessment of your goals and a physical examination is required to give you meaningful feedback. Best wishes in achieving your aesthetic goals.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Any advice regarding an experienced PS performing the BBL?

+1

The BBL has become extremely popular, and in my center it has become the number one procedure for the past several years. With your history of previous liposuction as well as your present weight, I am not sure if you have enough donor fat for the BBL. You may have to gain weight; if you do, then I usually recommend gaining 15-20 pounds. But I think at the outset you need to consult with a PS with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

BBL- Not an easy call...

+1

BabeRuthyme:

At 5'4" 115 and the photo you posted, you would definitely need to gain at least 10 lbs to make this worthwhile. After the operation you will need to make sure you consume enough calories and decrease the amount of cardio-workouts you do to maintain the results. I perform hundreds of BBL's each year and many from out-of-town. If you are interested in a more detailed discussion feel free to message me...

all the best,

Michael

Michael Salzhauer, MD

Brazilian Butt lift question

+1

Hi Baberuthyme,

Thanks for the post and the question. You said you've had lipo before? how long ago? Did you also have the BBL done at the same time? The photo does not show any "toll" the lipo has had. In fact, you have very smooth skin after lipo. When doing repeat lipo, it's important to remember than every time you have surgery, scar tissue is created. The scar is firm and denser than virgin fat, and you need to be prepared for this. Because of this, I would warn you to have conservative goals. You are thin, and do not carry a lot of excess fat available for the transfer.  I would agree that you need a face to face consultation. It's important to pick your surgeon based on credentials, experience, examples of his/her before and after pics, as well as someone willing to give you honest expectations. 

Best to you in your search. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

+1

When it comes to choosing a plastic surgeon I generally advise that patients start with the American Society of Plastic Surgery  to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.